Old 05-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #1

Entertainment System Wiring

I have a 2013 Forester 2500, Used, The original owner had issues with the left front speaker in the Chevy chassis not working. I still had this issue after he had it serviced and I have had it serviced, no joy. They say there is nothing wrong - I guess when you fade left and front and the speaker doesn't work it is normal - not...

I have a Satcomm/Telecomm back ground so I bit my tongue till I couldn't anymore. With the Magnadyne Radio out of the dash I identified a wiring issue with the front Chassis speakers. It now works but, it appears that they have the speakers wired in series.... between two bundles....

So, does anyone know the color code of the two wiring bundles that attach to the radio harness? There is one bundle of fused pairs (wht/black, wht/grn, wht/red, etc) and a bundle of loose wires (blue, red, brown, green, etc). Also, the A,B,Both switch doesn't follow what I have read about outside or bedroom speakers. I only have the surround system and cab speakers.

Or, anyone have a support number at Forester ????

Old 05-23-2014, 10:33 PM   #2

I don't know what brand model radio you have, but this video is a good tutorial on a standard aftermarket wiring harness and what all the standard color wires do.
Hope it is helpful to you.
Car Stereo Wiring Explained In Detail - YouTube

Old 05-23-2014, 11:21 PM   #3

nice link...

Thanks camaraderie, the radio side harness isn't my issue - its the two harnesses that Forest River installed.

Now I'm looking for a bundle of un-terminated wires which could be for the outside sound system, then pulling speakers is next....

Has Anyone pulled the A, B, Both switch off the cabinet ?? How is it mounted??
Old 05-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #4

Got it right. Removed the A/B switch and found the outher end of the loose bundle. All the switch did was remove the front chassis speakers from the surround system.

Cut out the loose bundle at the radio and wired to the speaker wire bundle. Got sound on all speakers.

Cheers!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #5

Heh...nice work...enjoy!

Tags
wiring