Originally Posted by HarrynSally
How you did the repair yourself?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forest River Forums mobile app
So, a long story as short as I can:
1) Looked up my serial number on the web page and it said I needed the recall done on my camper.
2) I DID NOT want to haul my camper to my "so called" dealer for reasons anyone who follows my posts would be happy to expand upon.
3) I looked up Authorized repair centers on the Dometic web page and was shocked to find one across the street (about a block away).
4) While you can't order the recall pack yourself, the "Authorized Dometic Repair Center" turned out to be a garage. When I went there to have them do the recall, the owner realized his own camper had not had the recall done and ordered two sets (one for him and one for me).
5) So the kits came in and it was so simple to do, the owner showed me the install instructions and asked if I wanted to try it. I said sure (of course) as the kit was free. I watched him do his (about 30 minutes from opening the box through applying the sticker) and went home.
6) Got home and found out mine was already done at the factory (The FULL model number was not RM but DM and had not realized there was a difference when I was on the web site).
7) Turns out my buddy Val needed the recall done to his Montana, so I used my kit to do the recall on his fridge. (OK it took me about 15 minutes more than the mechanic as I needed to hunt all over the garage for tools my dog hid.)
That's my story.