Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #1

Exterior Grill

I have a 2010 Mini-Lite and this past trip out, the exterior grill seems to be less hot than it has been previously. Like I am getting less propane. I've disconnected and rconnected the quick connect a few times. The propane works fine in the inside stove.

Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas? Where to start?
comish4lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by comish4lif View Post
I have a 2010 Mini-Lite and this past trip out, the exterior grill seems to be less hot than it has been previously. Like I am getting less propane. I've disconnected and rconnected the quick connect a few times. The propane works fine in the inside stove.

Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas? Where to start?
I had a similar issue with a Weber Q100 grill. I thought it was the hose, replaced it, and the problem was still there. I was looking at it and noticed that their was grease coming out of the little mesh area where the propane and air mix. On this unit the burners are directly under the cooking surface which let grease get into the burner tube once it wasn't lit. I pulled the burner unit out of the grill and cleaned it real well and it has worked like new since.
_nelsonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #3

I had a similar issue on my last one. After the first few runs, I realized I wasn't plugging the quick connect in all the way. Since yours WAS working better, I'd suspect either the connection getting stiff or obstructed or, as nelsonc said, something gunked up in the burner (probably the most likely).
Old 08-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #4

I had a problem like that. It was a couple times out. I was getting reduced flame out of the outside grill, and the furnace wasn't working properly either. it would keep cycling but not light the burner. I disconnected the hose from the tank, and let it sit for 5 minutes, reattached, and all was good. I think the valve may have been frozen. I say that because my gage has a lot of condensation in it, so it's quite probable that there was some ice in the connection.
Jeffk48867 is offline   Reply With Quote