Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #1

Exterior TV Connections

I have a 2013 Wildcat 312BHX-OK with a cable outlet outside on the side of the camper and one in the outside kitchen. Does the antenna also run to these outlets? I am unable to get any TV through my antenna on either of these outlets. My booster is ON and I am getting TV just fine through the antenna in the living room and master bedroom. Any suggestions for what might be the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew
DSLPWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #2

I would expect you to have a "Cable input" on the outside (for park-provided cable-TV) but I'll assume that you just aren't including that in this discussion.

You should certainly have OTA TV in the kitchen. On the back of the booster plate there is a "Set 2" output that should be going into a splitter (or perhaps two daisy-chained splitters). One output of the splitter should be going to your bedroom TV (and apparently is) and the other splitter outlets should be connected to the outside kitchen and other outside outlet. I would suggest pulling out the booster control plate so you can get to the things connected to the back of it. Hopefully the splitter(s) are right there and you can inspect the fittings for a bad connection.

(I'm not familiar with your particular RV and they might have put the splitters somewhere else, but this is a good place to start.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2213538626.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	38513  
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exterior