Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 39
Exterior tv mount

How many of y'all have done this? Was it easy to do? What did you use to drill into the Fiberglas? Sorry so many questions. Been thinking about this for a while now. Thanks.

Justin
__________________

__________________
Horns07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
Curious myself...subd
__________________

__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,765
I haven't done it- but I've seen posts where people used the track that normally holds the small grills to the side of the camper and fabricated a mount that attached to it. Made it easy to put on and take off.

Others have put full motion mounts into the storage bay or outside kitchen that extend out past the side of the camper.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horns07 View Post
How many of y'all have done this? Was it easy to do? What did you use to drill into the Fiberglas? Sorry so many questions. Been thinking about this for a while now. Thanks.

Justin
As far as drilling into the fiberglas, I just use regular metal cutting drill bits. I fabricated a bracket to use the BBQ rail and it works great for us. With the way I made the mount, it will also sit in the basement unattached to anything. Since I made a good cover for it, it will stay on the outside except when transporting.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
As far as drilling into the fiberglas, I just use regular metal cutting drill bits. I fabricated a bracket to use the BBQ rail and it works great for us. With the way I made the mount, it will also sit in the basement unattached to anything. Since I made a good cover for it, it will stay on the outside except when transporting.
Do you have any pictures of this? And also how did you locate the studs?
__________________


2012 dodge ram 3500 dually
2008 sandpiper 305RGS.
Horns07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horns07 View Post
Do you have any pictures of this? And also how did you locate the studs?
Didn't need to find the studs, but a stud finder works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00147.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	26345   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00143.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	26346   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00145.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	26348   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00140.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	26349   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00141.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	26350  

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
Would like to find a mount I could use a 22" tv in the bedroom as well as outside . this looks like it would work well on grill rail . I need something qwick change but have had no luck finding !
__________________
valerie&robert
Valerie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
Senior Moment
 
rockport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Weatherford, TX
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie56 View Post
Would like to find a mount I could use a 22" tv in the bedroom as well as outside . this looks like it would work well on grill rail . I need something qwick change but have had no luck finding !
Check out Thule smart rv mount. Might be just what your looking for.
__________________
rockport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie56 View Post
Would like to find a mount I could use a 22" tv in the bedroom as well as outside . this looks like it would work well on grill rail . I need something qwick change but have had no luck finding !
Might buy 2 mounts and instead of using the bolts & nuts to attach them, just use the bolt without the nut to make change over a little faster from outside mount to inside mount.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.