Originally Posted by SimchaSabre
The LP side of our Safety Alert (#35-742) CO/LP monitor has gone off a couple of times in the last few weeks. We are not using any gas appliances but we do keep one LP tank open to as backup for the refrigerator. I guess it's possible that we have a small LP leak somewhere, but we don't smell it and we are not using up extra gas
The alarms stops after we flush the area with fresh air. Also I'm pretty sure all windows were shut (AC on) during the alarm events.
I've reset the monitor to clean the sensors but that did not correct the problem. Actually I think this may only cleans the CO sensor.
The monitor is about 3.5 yrs old with a stated life of 5 years. But we are not getting the "End of Life" alert.
So am I getting false alarms or do I have an LP problem? Any thoughts or similar experiences.
Probably most common cause is faulty coach batteries gassing into RV without people detecting. Another is hydro-carbon gas which may manifest as deodorants, bug sprays etc. Batteries gas with low water level and excess charge rate.
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums