I own a 2009 Cardinal 37RL. Last week the fireplace quite in the middle of the night and the rig was pretty cool in the morning. Discovered the circuit board had burned right where the wiring harness attaches to a small black "box" of some kind. It was all bubbled from the heat. The reflecting mirror was blackened by the heat. The wire itself was charred and broke apart the minute I touched it. I think we're lucky that all that burned!
I understand that there was a recall on some of these fireplaces and wondered who to contact about this dangerous situation? I spoke to a Forest River dealer locally (Parkersburg, WV) but have not heard anything as of this date 10/14/12.
Thanks for any help.