Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2017, 08:01 AM   #1

Floor furnace vents shut

I have a new TT. Turned on furnace at the thermostat and the furnace gets hot, floor is warm, AC vents are kinda warm, but the floor vents are shut. No way of opening. Am I missing something?
Huntingjman73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #2

I'd love to see a good pic of this floor vent!
mattstacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingjman73 View Post
I have a new TT. Turned on furnace at the thermostat and the furnace gets hot, floor is warm, AC vents are kinda warm, but the floor vents are shut. No way of opening. Am I missing something?
Yes you are not seeing the "Slide Tabs"on the loovers! Youroo! ! !
Old 10-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
Site Team

You don't say what TT you have, but for most all TT, the AC air handling system and the Furnace air handling system are separate. Depending on the settings on the thermostat, the AC fan ( fan only) will run when the furnace fan runs. You can stop this by setting fan to Auto. The furnace vents should have a small tab to allow you to open and close them so you can balance the heat distribution to meet your needs. The tabs can be hard see.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:59 AM   #5

I don't know what vents your talking about, if they are tan plastic 10" x 2 and a quarter they should just be a grill no shutter at all, if they where replaced and you bought the unit used, they could be metal with a shutter. If there is not a foot well then pull the vent and open it by hand. Hard to say without a picture or more information. Most TT do not come with adjustable floor vent loovers. Most people will change the cheap plastic ones to metal so they can adjust the air flow. Show us a picture and we will tell you how to open it.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
You don't say what TT you have, but for most all TT, the AC air handling system and the Furnace air handling system are separate. Depending on the settings on the thermostat, the AC fan ( fan only) will run when the furnace fan runs. You can stop this by setting fan to Auto. The furnace vents should have a small tab to allow you to open and close them so you can balance the heat distribution to meet your needs. The tabs can be hard see.
On what system does a a/c fan come on with the furnace fan? Now you confused even me. If you put the fan to on the a/c fan will stay on no matter what the furnace fan does, it will not cycle on and off with the furnace fan. If I understand your post, don't think that is the Ops question.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #7

Angry Heater will not turn off

Hello, have the wildcat 5th wheel. The heater will not turn off. I have the fan on auto (thats not running) and no matter what I turn the heater down to 62, it will not turn off. Any ideas?
maggiedkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:58 AM   #8
Site Team

See this and similar threads.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ime-36554.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
On what system does a a/c fan come on with the furnace fan? Now you confused even me. If you put the fan to on the a/c fan will stay on no matter what the furnace fan does, it will not cycle on and off with the furnace fan. If I understand your post, don't think that is the Ops question.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #9

What does this have to do with the Ops question? Your just confuseing the question in all do respect, l guess it should be posted on the right thread, let's keep these problems separated T/U[emoji196]

Old 10-11-2017, 11:09 AM   #10

Quote:
I don't know what vents your talking about, if they are tan plastic 10" x 2 and a quarter they should just be a grill no shutter at all, if they where replaced and you bought the unit used, they could be metal with a shutter. If there is not a foot well then pull the vent and open it by hand. Hard to say without a picture or more information. Most TT do not come with adjustable floor vent loovers. Most people will change the cheap plastic ones to metal so they can adjust the air flow. Show us a picture and we will tell you how to open it.
The tan (brown) plastic floor vents do come with or without a damper. There is a wheel on one end to open/close a damper. Don't think the OP has this type as the wheel control is obvious. It's what I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	49725n[1].jpg
Views:	111
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	153994  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #11

Quote:
What does this have to do with the Ops question? Your just confuseing the question in all do respect, l guess it should be posted on the right thread, let's keep these problems separated T/U[emoji196]
Why did this statement post on two different threads, confused, furnace won't shut off and can't close a vent?

Old 10-11-2017, 11:16 AM   #12

Are yours metal or plastic as stated, metal come with vains. Most plastic are just fixed open, I have the cheap fixed open. They are called face plates.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiedkc View Post
Hello, have the wildcat 5th wheel. The heater will not turn off. I have the fan on auto (thats not running) and no matter what I turn the heater down to 62, it will not turn off. Any ideas?
Maggie, you should create a new thread rather that ask a question on another post. This creates confusion and may result in confusion for you with your furnace issue. I'm sure there are plenty of people here that can and will help you.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Are yours metal or plastic as stated, metal come with vains. Most plastic are just fixed open, I have the cheap fixed open. They are called face plates.
Cheap plastic with damper as stated.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #15

Thanks bubbles, never seen them before, I have to throw something over mine to block them off, like I said no e are just cheap face plates screwed to the floor.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #16

That's why the op needs to post a picture so we can all stop guessing, sure would like to help him/her but can't without more info.🐸

Old 10-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #17

Sorry for just getting back.....I have not had interenet access for a while on laptop. Iphone app redirects and gives me errors on this sight. I figured it out. My vents are open all the time. THey are metal, the furnace just doesnt blow real hard. As to both running at the same time, I had the AC fan running on high, and then turned on the furnace also.

My bad. Every TT i have ever had the floor vents were closable. These are not. Looks like maybe horizontal running duct and then openings in the three rooms.

Its a 2017 Cherokee 304BS
Huntingjman73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:04 PM   #18
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingjman73 View Post
Sorry for just getting back.....I have not had interenet access for a while on laptop. Iphone app redirects and gives me errors on this sight. I figured it out. My vents are open all the time. THey are metal, the furnace just doesnt blow real hard. As to both running at the same time, I had the AC fan running on high, and then turned on the furnace also.

My bad. Every TT i have ever had the floor vents were closable. These are not. Looks like maybe horizontal running duct and then openings in the three rooms.

Its a 2017 Cherokee 304BS
We went to Lowes and bought all new ones that are closeable.

Tags
floor, furnace, vent