Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #141

Hi bob,
Thanks for the reply. Do you know what model fits that and also did forrest river replace it or are we on our own?
Old 08-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #142

Jeffro,

I replaced my 7X75 with a Jensen AWM970. It will fit, if do you some enlarging of the hole. I bought mine with my own cash and did the install myself. I got mine from American Trailer Supply on sale for $245.00, down from $295.99 (plus S/H of $11.68). Don't know what their price is now.

From what I've been reading, Concertone is listening to customer complaints and making improvements to their product. That won't help much with the units already in service. If your trailer is still under warranty, take it back to the dealer. If the radio has never worked, I would've had it back in a heartbeat. My dealer worked on mine during warranty. After the warranty expired , I replaced it as soon as it started acting up. My problem was limited to the CD/DVD only. Radio worked from the day I got it to the day I took it out. This is what it looks like installed.

'09 Rockwood Roo 233s
'03 1500 Silverado LS

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
The things that come to those that wait will be the scraggly crappy junk left by those that got there first.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:58 PM   #143
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Yes we are listening! ;-)

Did you guys check the wiring???
(781) 281-9440
Old 08-25-2010, 06:51 AM   #144

Hi Bob,
Yes i checked the wiring. I opened it up to make sure the antena was plugged in, it was. All wires are connected and the 3 channels all have static. I don't think wiring would keep the dvd player from loading all but 2 times?
thanks,
jeff
Old 09-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fre tech View Post
Let me know what problems you are have and I will do the best I can to help you
I know all of those units.
I know this post is from 2008 but maybe someone is still answering. I just purchased a new to me 2008 model Forest River Wolfpack 27DFWP toy hauler. it has the ZX500 system in it. I tested a DVD in it this morning. The DVD picture played great on the monitor but there was absolutely no Sound. Radio and Regular Air TV has sound in all speakers. What am I doing wrong? Book doesn't help at all with this one.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #146

Hello Bob.

I have a new 2011 Shamrock 19 - with a ZX75.

All works as expected, EXCEPT for the FM radio, AM works fine. CD (audio and MP3) as well as DVD playback are fine. i use it most of the time on INPUT1 to listen to my iPod.

Here is the scenario:
1. Turn ON, press Mode to get FM
2. Tune any FM station
3. Station plays fine for 30-45 seconds (LED shows sound level bouncing as it should)
4. FM starts cutting in & out (LED sound level stops and starts)
5. This only happens on FM
6. All other functions seem fine.

Have not figured out how to use the SD slot - tried to put he SD card from my Canon camera - but it would not load.... Have not had to use the USB port.

It is still under warranty, but am wondering if it could be some easy fix.

Regards,
Old 09-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #147

Hi All,
My radio never worked, neither am or fm. All i get is static on each speaker. My dvd played 2 times out of the 15 or so times i've tried to use it.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #148
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Hi Bob,
Yes i checked the wiring. I opened it up to make sure the antena was plugged in, it was. All wires are connected and the 3 channels all have static. I don't think wiring would keep the dvd player from loading all but 2 times?
thanks,
jeff
Understood, but you can see from many here installation has been an issue.

I believe earlier you said that you got your unit in April, so I would suggest having the dealer swap it out while it is under warranty. No sense buying a new radio if you can get it swapped.

Let me know what happens!
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #149
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarheadTN View Post
I know this post is from 2008 but maybe someone is still answering. I just purchased a new to me 2008 model Forest River Wolfpack 27DFWP toy hauler. it has the ZX500 system in it. I tested a DVD in it this morning. The DVD picture played great on the monitor but there was absolutely no Sound. Radio and Regular Air TV has sound in all speakers. What am I doing wrong? Book doesn't help at all with this one.
I sent your question to support - we'll say what they say...
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #150
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared View Post
Hello Bob.

I have a new 2011 Shamrock 19 - with a ZX75.

All works as expected, EXCEPT for the FM radio, AM works fine. CD (audio and MP3) as well as DVD playback are fine. i use it most of the time on INPUT1 to listen to my iPod.

Here is the scenario:
1. Turn ON, press Mode to get FM
2. Tune any FM station
3. Station plays fine for 30-45 seconds (LED shows sound level bouncing as it should)
4. FM starts cutting in & out (LED sound level stops and starts)
5. This only happens on FM
6. All other functions seem fine.

Have not figured out how to use the SD slot - tried to put he SD card from my Canon camera - but it would not load.... Have not had to use the USB port.

It is still under warranty, but am wondering if it could be some easy fix.

Regards,
I would say get it swapped when it is convenient and STILL under warranty. The FM tuner certainly sounds FUBAR.

This is how the USB / SD works:

The unit supports SD card / USB stick with up to 2GB capacity; if the customer’s SD card / USB stick has more than 2GB it’s not gonna work.

The SD card/ USB stick has to be formatted with FAT file system.

The unit will play MP3 songs, MP4 audio/ video files and JPG photos.

It doesn’t matter if there are other files on the SD/ USB, and it doesn’t matter if the songs are in a folder, it’ll work in any case.

Let me know what you do!
(781) 281-9440
Old 09-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
I would say get it swapped when it is convenient and STILL under warranty. The FM tuner certainly sounds FUBAR.

The unit supports SD card / USB stick with up to 2GB capacity; if the customer’s SD card / USB stick has more than 2GB it’s not gonna work.
I will take my unit in to have it swapped - thanks.

That explains it I have an 8Gig SD card in my Canon - and I think it's FAT32...

Concertone should buy a newer camera and implement current standards - with these 2-3 year old super megapixel cameras 2 GiG no longer cuts it.

Thank you.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #152

I just found out how to make Concertone probelms go away.

If you hit the ON button and the EJECT button at the same time a timer will show up on the4 screen counting down to from 10 to 0 . When the unit hits 0 the Concertone will self destruct and be gone forever.

Hopefully Forest River read this forum and learn that we the customers want a quality , dependable and easy to use sound system.
Concertone is not one.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #153

Concertone probably couldn’t build a good ‘self destruct’ system either!
Their stuff is pure junk!
Are you listening FR?
We are not happy!
I will never buy another trailer that has this garbage it it.

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
Old 09-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #154

It is time to close this thread. Not because of bad posts but it has gotten very large. To keep things simple, when you want to post a problem you are having with yours, start a new thread. It will be easier to get feedback for your particular issue. Besides, the original poster hasn't been around in a long time and we don't expect him back.

Closed Thread

Tags