Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard615 View Post
Hi, I am having a hard time understanding the operating instructions for the ZX75. I would like to play DVD's, could you walk me thru how to play DVD's, I can call you or email you, or if you have a phone number of Concertone to call for a tech. There is no customer support for the ZX75, only a email to contect them. Thanks
http://concertone.com/product_gallery.html
Old 03-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #82

Richard,

fre tech hasn't been active on the forums in a while. While I don't have a concertone I can welcome you to FRF. You may try doing a search on the concertone using our search feature. You might find something.

Again.... WELCOME To FRF!!
Old 03-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #83

I have the concertone zx75 all I have to do is put in the DVD, switch on the TV and change the mode setting to DVD. There is a video out plate below my DVD unit with a RCA connector going to the television. I assume that on the back of the concertone unit there is a video out going to the plate and of course the speaker connections wired speakers. If your unit already wired to a television set?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #84

I have a couple of problems with the Concertone myself. Mainly that the sound quality is poor, this may be more a factor of the speakers than the head unit. I've been on their website and seeing that they have a somewhat for available as an add-on and have considered adding that to my unit. But with all the problems I've heard regarding Concertone I am reluctant to buy any add-ons. I have also looked at the Jensen unit as a replacement but that is $300 and currently my Concertone is functioning. Another problem that I have which may also be solved by purchasing the iPod connector from Concertone is that when I plug my iPod into the sea unit using the standard USB two iPod cable is unable to play or charge the iPod. And play my iPod using the front headphone jack connected directly to the iPod. I currently have a serious Sirius unit connected which plays through the earphone connector.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #85

Thanks to everyone for there reply about the zx75. I didn't know that Forest River owned Concertone, that does explain a lot. The Fifthwheel I purchased in 2009 ( a 30' Wildwood) has given me nothing but problems, I bought it from Lazy Days, and after the sale it was thank you! good bye, Not even a walk thru, I had to learn every thing from trial and error. The latest problem was the bathroom faucett leaked, by the time I found out about the leak, it had soaked the cabinet and the storage area below, I called warranty, and was told I had to tear down and take it back to Lazy Days, 50 miles away, or else I could pay for a moble repair, the warranty would pay for labor and parts. I send them the paid bill and was sent a check for half of the cost of repair, my cabinet is warped and I had to throw away most of the items in storage.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #86
gjj

ZX 75 Alarm

I have tried everything to turn alarm off. How should this be done.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #87
Site Team - Lou

There is a procedure on this thread earlier somewhere.
It has to do with removing power from the unit completely for several minutes. You need to disconnect the battery and shore power to do that. Oh, and never again use the alarm again.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #88

Concertone ZX600 hissing

We have a concertone zx600 in our travel trailer and it has a hissing when playing a cd or dvd. I don't know if it does it with the tv because we have never had a signal (just bought this unit). The radio (even the weather band) does not have the hiss. Any thoughts?
Old 05-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #89

Hum in Sound Sytem

I just purchased a 2010 8314BSS and also notice a noticable hum at low volume settings. We just picked up the unit 4 days ago. Do you have any recomendations as to where to look for a bad ground? Should I start at the unit and trace the gound and check all connections along the way? Hope I can get in behind the unit and the flat screen that is under it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fre tech View Post
Hi Dan

on your Issue if there is aloud hum or static hiss that tells me there are two things it can be one is a bad Ground two your getting converter feed back.if it is the converter feed back they will need to put in an inline filter.
and as for speakers problems this also pints to a bad Ground
and I do Know this Forestriver do not have refurbished as they don't have any body that can repair the stereo's
so there policy is to replace the stereo system.
I hope you will find this useful
Old 05-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersDad View Post
I just purchased a 2010 8314BSS and also notice a noticable hum at low volume settings. We just picked up the unit 4 days ago. Do you have any recomendations as to where to look for a bad ground? Should I start at the unit and trace the gound and check all connections along the way? Hope I can get in behind the unit and the flat screen that is under it.
I removed the flat screen Tv and then removed the 4 screws holding the little white accessory box. This left an opening that I could reach through and check the connections.

Between doing this and removing the Concercrap unit I was able to reach all of the connections.
Everyone one of the cable connections were lose and two of them had connectors that were not crimped properly.

While I had this all a part, I replaced every inch of cable I could including the splitter for the bedroom TV.

This cured the Humming & TV static issue we had.

I don't mean to sound so negative but when you pay this much for something it ought to at least work right for a few years.

I went through all of this and finally gave up and replaced the junk with a home DVD/Theatre system.

I will not buy another trailer that has this junk in it.

"Are you linstening Forest River?" "We are not happy!"

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #91

Easy way to Turn Power Off on concertone, find Fuse, Pull fuse and at the same time turn Braker OFF, turn back after 5 mins it is like a Computer, It will reset itself,

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Old 06-12-2010, 05:17 AM   #92

I also have the ZX600. I have two issues but one really only bothers for me now. #1 have the hissing coming through Zone A which is annoying cuz my kids watch DVDs there. The second is the radio reception sucks! I can live with that for now as I have XM radio hooked up. So back to #1 my options are checking the ground or an inline filter by the convertor may fix this? I have a Signature Lite 8313ss, does anyone have a write up to try these fixes? Also if that would not work, would it be possible to reconnect the wires behind the unit. I mean switch A and C connections? Or would I lose a lot of power and the woofer doing this? I just want to get by without bying a Jensen already. Thank-you,
Chris
Old 06-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #93

Dodge Guy do you have any pics ? what model JVC did you use?
Old 06-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #94
Site Team - Lou

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet58 View Post
Easy way to Turn Power Off on concertone, find Fuse, Pull fuse and at the same time turn Braker OFF, turn back after 5 mins it is like a Computer, It will reset itself,
"Find Fuse"

Ah, now there is a project! In my unit it is behind the control head which has to be removed for access.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #95

Hi

My apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section or thread.

I have a new Flagstaff 831RKSS with factory installed ZX700, a Konka TV and a Toshiba TV. There is an aerial as well. All the wiring is hidden so I cannot tell how all is hooked up to each other and correspondingly, I have trouble getting items to work. The bedroom TV appears to be hooked up only with a coax cable. The radio works and I can play a DVD to the living room TV only. I cannot get the DVD to play in the bedroom. Similarly, I cannot seem to get any TV stations on either TV. Are they to be tuned through the ZX700 or through the TVs? Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. Further specs can be provided if needed.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #96

I don't think the concertone will have anything to do with your tv stations. All of this is done through the tv and only the tv sound is played through the concertone if I am correct about how it works. As far as the dvd playing in the bedroom, you will probably have to run wires all the way from the tv to the concertone to get the dvd to play in the bedroom. Its probably only hooked up to the tv in the living area.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #97
Site Team - Lou

Cool This question is tougher than it looks

I have an almost identical setup and after a YEAR I am still trying to figure it all out.

1) "The radio works and I can play a DVD to the living room TV only."

Yep you got it. The Concertone DVD player outputs through the COMPOSITE input to your TV NOT to the RF coax.

2) "I cannot get the DVD to play in the bedroom."

Yep, see above. The only way to do this is to run a RCA splitter off the COMPOSITE output from the Concertone and run one leg to the LR TV and the other to the Bedroom.

3) To set up either TV the AMP MUST be turned on. Press the little black button on the wallplate and make sure the little green light is on.

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/2451489.pdf

is the manual for the amplifier.

The output from the AMP goes to a splitter. One leg goes to the LR TV RF input and the other leg goes to the BR TV.

You must do a manual search setup on each TV once the antenna is pointed at the stations broadcast antenna.

Antenna Index

For more info on antennas than you can stand.

I have NOT figured out how to get CABLE reception to the BR yet.
(LR TV is fine) still trying to figure out why I can get Antenna feed back there but not cable. Maybe my amp is bad.

Still trying to get ANYTHING from FR on the subject.

Lou
Old 06-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #98

Jensen AWM970 AM/FM/CD/DVD/USB/iPod Ready Wall Mount Stereo for RV/Marine/Travel Trailer/Toy Hauler/Cargo use - Stereo System
on sale for $245.00
1973 Airstream Ambassador
Old Town Penobscot 16
Old 06-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #99

Does the jensen AWM970 have surround sound?
Old 06-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #100
Site Team - Lou

Update on BR Cable

I had a bad connector behind the bedroom wall plate.
It was intermittent and Digital was hit or miss.

Cut off the old connector and reaplaced it.
Everything works now.

From what I read the Jensen is stereo only.
You would have to add a surround sound decoder to utilize the 5.1 speaker system in the newer campers.
Closed Thread

Tags