Old 07-26-2019, 09:07 PM   #1

Forest River Heritage Glen 36FL - Can't move mounted TV

Family recently got a 2020 Heritage Glen 5th wheel RV, the living room TV is mounted to the wall and doesn't seem to be movable at all. Attempting to plug in the xbox one and the HDMI is on the left side of the tv in the middle, completely unreachable. We've tried moving the tv in every direction, trying to "pop" it out if its connected to something, and can't reach even the tv bracket because we can hardly fit a hand behind the tv.

Anyone have this issue? and a fix for this?

HeyTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:44 PM   #2

I would guess the tv is on a mount and would have to be lifted straight up. Maybe e-mail Forest River?

2020chaparral381rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:23 PM   #3
Selective Curmudgeon

I was baffled on my LR television. I called Coachmen. They told me to work my smart phone above and below the television, trying to get a picture of what behind the tv looked like.

Sounded stupid but it worked.

Mine has two spring-loaded levers towards the bottom of the tv, at the back. Each lever is a third of the way from the side/edge of the tv. I curled my hands under the bottom to behind the tv. I found one lever then the other.

I pressed the levers towards me and pulled on the bottom of the tv. The bottom swung out (pivoted) easily. Without letting the levers relatch, I held the sides of the tv and pulled it up. Bob's your uncle.

Try the phone trick.

Tags
forest river, mount