Old 09-10-2015, 11:59 PM   #1

Forest River Vengeance 300v Fire Damage Questions

I am hoping someone can help me on this very difficult project I have.

I have a 2014 Forest River Vengeance 300v and it was involved in a fire which the converter or inverter whatever its called lit on fire and also burnt the trailer.

I have to fix the trailer no insurance blah blah blah

This device is so burnt I can't read it, all labels are gone etc. Now the trailer shop removed it without taking pictures and now I have all these cut wires and have no clue where they go.

I will take photos tomorrow when the work starts.

Any and all help would be great!!! Like where can I order OEM parts for these trailers online? I'm in Canada and the dealers are telling me they don't have a microfiche for these trailers which seems unbelievable!!!

The dealer said any converter would work, useless to me when I don't know where the wires go!

roadtripman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:00 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Doing a wire trace is going to be pretty time consuming, but necessary.
There really is no "wiring diagram" and most are "home run" from the fuse on the converter to the item controlled.

If you can tell the difference between a 120 volt wire (Romex) and a low voltage (12 volt) one your task is not all that daunting; just time consuming.

I would start with a small 12 volt battery, ground the negative terminal to the frame of the trailer and power up each low voltage wire. Have a roll of labels and identify as many as you can.

Do you have a photo of the old converter? Even a picture taken of something else might have caught the converter. This will help identify the make and the model can be inferred by the size of your camper.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:45 PM   #3

I do not have any pictures of the converter as its completely melted.

I might go look at a 2015 model and im sure it would be the same.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:21 PM   #4
Site Team

you didn't happen to plug into a 220v supply source, did you?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
Citrus County, Fl.

I would replace it with a Progressive Dynamics. Much better than a WFCO which are made in China. I agree with what Herk says. You may be able to do the same thing for the 110 volt circuits with an extension cord.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:16 PM   #6

X2 with GL1800rider on the Progressive Dynamics converter. My WFCO converter went to toast three months from delivery. The techs at Progressive are very user-friendly AND their warranties are better. WFCO are just cheap Chinese trash IMHO.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtripman View Post
I am hoping someone can help me on this very difficult project I have.

I have a 2014 Forest River Vengeance 300v and it was involved in a fire which the converter or inverter whatever its called lit on fire and also burnt the trailer.

I have to fix the trailer no insurance blah blah blah

This device is so burnt I can't read it, all labels are gone etc. Now the trailer shop removed it without taking pictures and now I have all these cut wires and have no clue where they go.

I will take photos tomorrow when the work starts.

Any and all help would be great!!! Like where can I order OEM parts for these trailers online? I'm in Canada and the dealers are telling me they don't have a microfiche for these trailers which seems unbelievable!!!

The dealer said any converter would work, useless to me when I don't know where the wires go!
So sorry for you and the frustration you must be feeling.

I too just my 4 stage WFCO 65 amp converter that failed into a single stage charger. The result were two cooked batteries the were on the verge of igniting our little 5th wheel. We replaced and upreaded to a 65 amp Progressive converter/charger with an inteligent sensing system that's smarter than me.

Do you know which plant you rig was built? I'm sure the service manager at the originating plant would be able to get you in the general location to get you questions answered. When you don't get what you need at the dealer go to the source and become a pest if you need to. Help will come. Good Luck

Tom Stillman
Vancouver, WA
2012 Forest River Wildcat Sterling Edition
2010 Ford F350 Super cab (With all the junk taken off) With H&S tuner and set of bags on the back.
tstillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:41 AM   #8

I emailed manufacturer and they sent back a complete spec list of every item, brand and model number installed.
COPPERJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:51 AM   #9

Does anyone else with the same unit on the internet have a wiring diagram posted?
or at worst see if anyone on this site has one.
Would your dealer have a unit in stock that they could pull the box out and photograph it...

I'm thinking that if you asked the service department if they had a unit in stock, to photograph what lines go into the breaker/ fuse panel, burnt out area and offered to pay them for an hours labor in doing so, they would be more than happy to accomidate.
one hours labor is worth how many of your hours X 4 not knowing what to look for.

Just a thought?
Old 09-20-2015, 11:05 PM   #10

Sorry for the delay guys! Been working like crazy. My dealership doesn't want to help at all as that would mean they cared! Like I said I have no insurance.

Have found more damage as every electrical plug melted in some way or fashion so been working on that.

I can't believe its this hard to order OEM trailer parts!!! My dealership wants $37 per outlet fascia. its retarded!

My biggest worry is this wiring of the converter, I have no clue where each wire goes.

Also I'm guessing I need a fuse box in this same hole so I am missing a few things.

I'm really just hoping someone with the same trailer will see this and tell me what it comes with. and some pictures would be great.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-F...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-F...ew?usp=sharing

Tags
forest river