Old 10-16-2015, 12:33 PM   #1
freezer icing up

We have a flagstaff 21 ft microlite FBRS. We are very new to camping. We took a 6 week trip last year and everything was fine. Took it to the east coast for 3 weeks this year and towards the end of the trip the freezer started to ice up on the back. And along the top of the door and top of freezer outside where door closes over it. We stopped and had it checked and they found no leaks in the seals. I thawed it, plugged it back in and immediately the icing started again. As I said, this did not happen last fall or until the end of the trip this summer so I know there is something wrong. Also, I had sliced frozen bananas in the freezer and they were solid until this started. They turned to mush but ice cubes and meat all stayed frozen. Anyone else experience this?

jeanniemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
drain might have a spider web or something simular in it. OR it could be packed to full to allow air to circulate (this is my problem).

Al and Deb
Sarge, Sugar and Ginger
2006 Silverado "Predator"
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:50 PM   #3
Thanks nuisance, but I can't be because it's packed too full because I emptied and defrosted it, turned it back on and it started icing up right away.
jeanniemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:57 PM   #4
Put a dollar bill between the seal and the refer. If you can pull it out without much pressure your seal is leaking.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote