Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
The auto/gas selects between power source, of which, both sources are controlled by the thermostat. What and where is manual? If the fridge is on gas, it's still controlled by thermostat. The manual even says as much.
I attached the manual with my post. Since you did not mention which model you had I took a guess as to a model that would freeze your food with the wrong settings.

You did not mention the fridge was off and the camper ambient temperature was -14C. Makes troubleshooting a bit difficult.

If you have a newer one and the camper was warm, check the attached manual for newer fridge (page 5) under LIMP mode of operation.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dometic Refridgerators new Manual.pdf (2.90 MB, 12 views)

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
I attached the manual with my post. Since you did not mention which model you had I took a guess as to a model that would freeze your food with the wrong settings.

You did not mention the fridge was off and the camper ambient temperature was -14C. Makes troubleshooting a bit difficult.

If you have a newer one and the camper was warm, check the attached manual for newer fridge (page 5) under LIMP mode of operation.
The OP states his fridge was starting to freeze his food. My suggestion was he needed to adjust his thermostat. Your post seemed to suggest that he may have possibly had his fridge set to "manual". I have just not seen a manual switch and was curious. The previous manual, I felt, was a bit ambiguous and seemed to contradict itself. The later manual suggests that the OP has a malfunction and requires service, provided he already tried adjusting the thermostat.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC
I have read threads where people have trouble getting their Dometic fridge to cool enough but we are having the opposite, we took temp readings and are 0C or32F in the fridge area, it seems a bit too cold plus the beer has ice in it, any ideas?
Sounds like the thermister has failed (the slide device) or the thermostat portion of the control electronic board. The cooliing system is out of control.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
The OP states his fridge was starting to freeze his food. My suggestion was he needed to adjust his thermostat. Your post seemed to suggest that he may have possibly had his fridge set to "manual". I have just not seen a manual switch and was curious. The previous manual, I felt, was a bit ambiguous and seemed to contradict itself. The later manual suggests that the OP has a malfunction and requires service, provided he already tried adjusting the thermostat.
Sorry Tim, I got you confused with the OP's issue.
Dometic makes several different models of fridge.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Sorry Tim, I got you confused with the OP's issue.
Dometic makes several different models of fridge.
No problem. I really don't ever remember having or seeing a manual setting on any fridge I've ever had, and still don't understand the concept as your first manual explains it. Maybe I'm reading more into it than what's there. I've been accused of over analyzing the obvious, quite often by wife.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Just about---------

Just about any RV store has the THERMISTOR, they are anywhere from $12.00-$20.00 +, I had one to go bad and every thing in the fridge froze.
If you replace it, make sure you put the new one in the same place as the old one (same fin and position) for it to work correctly. Camping World has them. You will need make and model of fridge to match the thermistor.

TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote