Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
The auto/gas selects between power source, of which, both sources are controlled by the thermostat. What and where is manual? If the fridge is on gas, it's still controlled by thermostat. The manual even says as much.
I attached the manual with my post. Since you did not mention which model you had I took a guess as to a model that would freeze your food with the wrong settings.

You did not mention the fridge was off and the camper ambient temperature was -14C. Makes troubleshooting a bit difficult.

If you have a newer one and the camper was warm, check the attached manual for newer fridge (page 5) under LIMP mode of operation.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dometic Refridgerators new Manual.pdf (2.90 MB, 12 views)
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
I attached the manual with my post. Since you did not mention which model you had I took a guess as to a model that would freeze your food with the wrong settings.

You did not mention the fridge was off and the camper ambient temperature was -14C. Makes troubleshooting a bit difficult.

If you have a newer one and the camper was warm, check the attached manual for newer fridge (page 5) under LIMP mode of operation.
The OP states his fridge was starting to freeze his food. My suggestion was he needed to adjust his thermostat. Your post seemed to suggest that he may have possibly had his fridge set to "manual". I have just not seen a manual switch and was curious. The previous manual, I felt, was a bit ambiguous and seemed to contradict itself. The later manual suggests that the OP has a malfunction and requires service, provided he already tried adjusting the thermostat.
__________________

__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC
I have read threads where people have trouble getting their Dometic fridge to cool enough but we are having the opposite, we took temp readings and are 0C or32F in the fridge area, it seems a bit too cold plus the beer has ice in it, any ideas?
Sounds like the thermister has failed (the slide device) or the thermostat portion of the control electronic board. The cooliing system is out of control.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
The OP states his fridge was starting to freeze his food. My suggestion was he needed to adjust his thermostat. Your post seemed to suggest that he may have possibly had his fridge set to "manual". I have just not seen a manual switch and was curious. The previous manual, I felt, was a bit ambiguous and seemed to contradict itself. The later manual suggests that the OP has a malfunction and requires service, provided he already tried adjusting the thermostat.
Sorry Tim, I got you confused with the OP's issue.
Dometic makes several different models of fridge.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Sorry Tim, I got you confused with the OP's issue.
Dometic makes several different models of fridge.
No problem. I really don't ever remember having or seeing a manual setting on any fridge I've ever had, and still don't understand the concept as your first manual explains it. Maybe I'm reading more into it than what's there. I've been accused of over analyzing the obvious, quite often by wife.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
DAISY BOYKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SUNSHINE STATE
Posts: 1,623
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Just about---------

Just about any RV store has the THERMISTOR, they are anywhere from $12.00-$20.00 +, I had one to go bad and every thing in the fridge froze.
If you replace it, make sure you put the new one in the same place as the old one (same fin and position) for it to work correctly. Camping World has them. You will need make and model of fridge to match the thermistor.

__________________

__________________
Sid, Lois & HRH MISSY Terrible 2s SHIH TZU
2011 ROCKWOOD 8285 WS
2014 F-250 KING RANCH PS/SD/6R140/BFT
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.