Old 03-21-2019, 12:16 PM   #1

Fridge does not work

Hi guys, I have searched and searched and cant figure out the issue. We have a 2017 Adrenaline 25QT toy hauler. We bought this last June and have used it a handful of times without too much issue. (Meaning the toy hauler over all) In early Jan I had to use the TH to live in when we transition with moving out of Virginia. The fridge was working fine for a few days and then it stopped staying cold. Looking on the forums it seems that because of the design of the fridge it may not work in extreme temps (below 30ish) so I turned the unit off and used an ice chest for my food items.

Well, it's now March, the temps have been in the 60s and the fridge will not work. I have checked the breakers, unplugged the cord to the fridge on the outside and plugging it back in hoping for some type of reset and looked for anything obvious that could fix it. So far nothing. When I use the electric setting, the buttons show that the unit is on and when I use propane I can hear the propane kick on from outside. The same happens when in auto. I have left the until on for days at a time in all three settings thinking it might start working but still nothing. (Also to note, the TH is on level ground ). I'm not a very knowledgeable electrical guy but I have a voltmeter and the willingness to try whatever if anyone has suggestions. Thanks, -M

Empty-Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:19 PM   #2

Mine did not work properly when new. Found that factory left the roof vent cap off. Rubbrt roof was covering the hole and no cap was installed. Ifigured it out and the dealer fixed it.

Old 03-21-2019, 12:23 PM   #3

Mine would work for about 1 day then quit when it got hot in the back.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:24 PM   #4

I will climb up shortly and see if there is a blockage. Climbing up top is something I haven't done yet because the fridge worked great before winter. I was hoping it was just something that needed to be reset. Anyway, I will check. Thanks for the reply
Old 03-21-2019, 12:27 PM   #5

it could be a number of things . first is the boiler getting hot ? have you smelled ammonia or do you see yellow staining anywhere ? if so the cooling unit is shot . i doubt that's your issue but something to check . is this a dometic or nor cold . makes a difference . is the freezer getting cold or nothing at all ?
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #6

The part in the back when the propane come on gets warm, not sure if that's the boiler but think it is. It doesnt burn my hand or hasnt yet. There is no ammonia smell and no leaks of anything I can see. Sorry forgot to mention, it's a Norcold model N8VRFT
Old 03-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #7

Also, if you have one, check that the thermistor clip hasn't popped of the cooling fins inside the fridge.
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:53 PM   #8

Yup, clip is on there. Just double checked
Old 03-21-2019, 12:54 PM   #9

Also, nothing gets cold, neither fridge nor freezer
Old 03-21-2019, 01:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty-Nest View Post
The part in the back when the propane come on gets warm, not sure if that's the boiler but think it is. It doesnt burn my hand or hasnt yet. There is no ammonia smell and no leaks of anything I can see. Sorry forgot to mention, it's a Norcold model N8VRFT
if it's flame on meaning the propane lights but not getting hot . or the electric elements get hot . it should be almost to hot to touch . i would get a hold of Nor cold as they've had a batch of bad cooling units .

MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge