Old 05-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #1

Fridge Inop - 2012 grey wolf 28bh

we bought this unit brand new and the fridge wont work. it dosent work on auto or propane the green light flickers and sometimes the propane will light and run for 10-20 seconds, then the green light goes out and so does the propane. the delears wont help us because we didnt purchase the unit from them. also my pump spirts every 3-5 minutes i think it has something to do with the toilet can anyone help PLEASE after all this i still dont know how to install the tv in the swival can someone point me in the right direction, the kids would appreciate it THANKS

Old 05-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #2

Sounds to me like the fridge is tryin to light but must have a air pocket in the propane lines. Try closing the propane tanks. Wait a bit. Then reopen the propane tanks. But this time turn on the burner on your stove and try and light it. Hopefully this will get the air out of the lines. Then re try the fridge. Should work.

The pump is cycling because it's losing pressure somewhere. Check to make sure all taps are off incl outside shower. Then if its still doing it start lookin for leaks in the water lines. If nothing then it might just be the pump itself. My old trailer did this the day I picked it up. Something must have got sucked up from the tank after the factory drilled out the holes for the lines.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #3

Also when you open the propane valve do it slowly.
2004 Polaris 330 magnum
Bear the Labrador
cootr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #4

Turn the switch on the fridge to off for about 10 seconds and then turn it back on. I had to do this when I switched from Gas to Shore power last weekend. It worked well.

The pump could be cycling also from low water pressure from the source if you tried everything else.
Kids: 3yo DD (Riley), another DD cookin (Kennedy)
Security: 5yo Boxer (Sasha), 14yo yorkie (Porter)...he was married in
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyna View Post
we bought this unit brand new and the fridge wont work. it dosent work on auto or propane the green light flickers and sometimes the propane will light and run for 10-20 seconds, then the green light goes out and so does the propane. the delears wont help us because we didnt purchase the unit from them. also my pump spirts every 3-5 minutes i think it has something to do with the toilet can anyone help PLEASE after all this i still dont know how to install the tv in the swival can someone point me in the right direction, the kids would appreciate it THANKS

You bought this unit new? but not from the dealer? RVdirect or something? The dealer should be doing warranty work regardless if you purchased from them.

As far as the TV... Is the V shape mount installed on the swivel for the TV? And the bracket for it mounted to the back of the TV? If so all you have to do is remove 6 screws in the radio, run the power cord down the hole along with a set of RCA cables (red, white, AND yellow) if they are not already there. Plug the power cord in in the cabinet below and plug the RCA cables into the back of the radio. Viola! done...(might want to reinstall the radio though.
Kids: 3yo DD (Riley), another DD cookin (Kennedy)
Security: 5yo Boxer (Sasha), 14yo yorkie (Porter)...he was married in
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyna
You've gotten some good advice.

With the pump- Check that all faucets are off. Especially the shower heads inside and outside. Make sure the faucets are off and not just the valve on the head which will still allow a trickle of water resulting in a slow loss of pressure and requiring the pump to cycle -hopefully its that easy.

Locate your water pump, which may be behind a false panel. See any leaks?

Any water anywhere? Check under all sinks and under the camper.

If none of that works, then I agree it could be a problem internal in the pump, which might be fixable.

Fridge. Open propane tanks slowly and bleed the lines through the stove. Are you on shore power or DC? Make sure your batteries are charged.

Who did you buy from and can they help? An out of locale purchase can present warranty issues if the local dealer doesn't want to help. Call FR and see if they can find you a friendly dealer.

Good luck.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #7

2012 grey wolf

the propane works on all other appliances when the green light goes out the fridge shuts off. i think i have a electrical problem with the fridge as the green light should stay on and not flicker or go out. i dont know where to look for the short, or if i should call someone. the water pump may have stopped doing the spirt as it has not done it for a day. there are no leaks i can find and the taps are tightly closed. i have a swival tv between the bedroom and the trailer, it has a V mounted on the back panel with a 4 inch frame around it, my question is how do i install the tv do i need to take the back panel off. i cant get warrenty work done here because i bought the trailer in the us and the local dealer wont help me he told me to hook up my trailer and take it back to the us for warrenty work, the trailer should not be allowed in canada and then basically hung up. THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED WE REALLY APPRICIATE THE ADVICE
Old 05-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyna View Post
the propane works on all other appliances when the green light goes out the fridge shuts off. i think i have a electrical problem with the fridge as the green light should stay on and not flicker or go out. i dont know where to look for the short, or if i should call someone. the water pump may have stopped doing the spirt as it has not done it for a day. there are no leaks i can find and the taps are tightly closed. i have a swival tv between the bedroom and the trailer, it has a V mounted on the back panel with a 4 inch frame around it, my question is how do i install the tv do i need to take the back panel off. i cant get warrenty work done here because i bought the trailer in the us and the local dealer wont help me he told me to hook up my trailer and take it back to the us for warrenty work, the trailer should not be allowed in canada and then basically hung up. THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED WE REALLY APPRICIATE THE ADVICE
Not that I will give you any better advice than those who posted before, I just need to get my head around your problem.

Since my fridge lights are amber, what model of fridge do you have?

As to the water pump, what makes you think its the toilet?
Is there water filling the bowl?

Noramlly a cycling water pump is caused by pressure dropping in the lines after the cut out switch shuts off the pump. This can be caused by a leak in the lines (look for wet spots on the floors or in the cabinets) or it could be from a bad check valve in the pump itself causing the pump to bleed water back into the fresh water tank.

After you have thoughorghly searched for and eliminated the possibility of a leak, since it is under warranty I would call the dealer or service you bought it from and have them send you a new pump. It is relatively easy to change.

When you say you bought it in the USA I assume it was from another dealer there; just not the one close to you in Canada. I would have them send you the new pump. (You will of course have to ship the old pump back to them as a warranty return)

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #9
xgeoman

You have received some good preliminary troubleshooting - here is a last one to try:

Open the fridge compartment and you will see an inspection port that allows you to view the flame. You may have to unscrew a small panel to get to it.
Have someone turn the fridge switch on and off and see what happens - do you get a good strong spark? It should also be loud enough to hear. Is there some debris covering the flame orifice? What happens is the flue pipe rusts and particles fall down on the flame orifice covering it. You can vacuum them out or blast with air.

If it is the circuit board you will need a knowledegable RV repair person.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #10

So you bought a brand new 2012 TT for what I assume would be 15-20 thousand dollars and you have absolutely no way to get warranty work done?? I think should you have thought that through a little better before you bought it.

Just sayin'.

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
28bh, led pad