Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
psribbens

Fridge Not working on LP, works on AC. Dometic DM2652RBX Orifice Cleaning

As usual, if you work with propane, and 120 VAC, you are taking your life in your hands. If you know what you are doing great, shutoffs, safety precautions are necessary. If you don't know, leave it to those who know how.

On our new MBS Forester 2401s the LP refrigerator quit, worked on shore power (AC) not on LP. I opened up the flame assembly today. I had talked with Coachnet about orifice cleaning. I located the orifice, removed it with 10 mm box wrench, and cleaning the black crud out of it with a fine copper wire (on line recommended lighter fluid.) I also used canned air to blow back at the orifice seat to clean out any crud there. The before flame, though blue, barely hovered over the burner. The After flame stood nearly an inch tall, substantially larger.

Tonight I will test to insure it works on LP, but I have a good feeling based on the evidence of the larger flame.

On the troubleshooting side, I had flame and heat, just not enough.

While not exactly the same as our unit, these links get to the point of cleaning. You get to the 5:52 point in this video

and see the brass orifice to the left. You remove two shields to get there, and then the orifice lug.

This guy had the opposite problem

and shows how to replace the electric heater. Same problem looked at here, with more detail.
pribbens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge