Old 05-30-2014, 11:30 PM   #1

Fridge problem

I just got a new 2014 3400 RK. I love it. It has a residential fridge option that is suppose to work with an inverter when not connected to land power. However, this one is not working. The inverter is working but not the fridge. Anyone with a similar experience? Any advice.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #2

Don't know your specifics but it is unlikely your inverter will run the frig at all and if it does the batteries will be short lived.

What size inverter and what kind of batteries and how many watts for the frig??

Old 06-01-2014, 05:02 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

The residential unit comes with a dedicated inverter and battery set from the factory. Is this the type you have or did you install it yourself?

A 2104 should still be under warranty and I would contact the dealer or FR.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #4

You probably have the Xantrex Prowatt SE just like we do. Find out where it is installed. Ours in on the compartment in front of the water heater. You will probably have one or two service caps on a black panel. You can remove the black plastic panel to access the inverter and automatic switch.

Press and hold the remote button by the door until it lights up. Then check to make sure the inverter is on or if it's giving a fault code. Also make sure everything is plugged in and that the GFCI is not tripped on the inverter's outlet.

As an FYI, our brand new coach had the entire inverter missing. It sounds like your remote light is coming on which means you do have an inverter installed, but something tripped.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
You probably have the Xantrex Prowatt SE just like we do. Find out where it is installed. Ours in on the compartment in front of the water heater. You will probably have one or two service caps on a black panel. You can remove the black plastic panel to access the inverter and automatic switch.

Press and hold the remote button by the door until it lights up. Then check to make sure the inverter is on or if it's giving a fault code. Also make sure everything is plugged in and that the GFCI is not tripped on the inverter's outlet.

As an FYI, our brand new coach had the entire inverter missing. It sounds like your remote light is coming on which means you do have an inverter installed, but something tripped.
Agree with alparmer, could be the inverter was never initialized or turned on and tested. Another case of poor PDI!
Old 06-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman99 View Post
Don't know your specifics but it is unlikely your inverter will run the frig at all and if it does the batteries will be short lived.

What size inverter and what kind of batteries and how many watts for the frig??
I haven't tested ours, but the refrigerator last a lot longer than you'd think on batteries. The refrigerator in ours appears to be the next level for refrigerators. LCD panels, LEDs, can't hear the compressor run at all. I read someone said it lasted 20 hours on batteries and someone else 12. While on the road, the engine's alternator charges the batteries to you will never run out of power for the fridge.

It seems to be a good match between batteries, inverter, and the refrigerator's power requirement.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:01 PM   #7

The fridge is a Samsung residential type. The inverter is working and it is a 1000 watts one installed by the factory. It is still under warranty, I just wanted to know if there was any advise that will help avoid a trip to the dealer. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwisconsin View Post
The fridge is a Samsung residential type. The inverter is working and it is a 1000 watts one installed by the factory. It is still under warranty, I just wanted to know if there was any advise that will help avoid a trip to the dealer. Thanks for any help.
I think what you are saying is that the inverter is on, which means you've verified that the actual inverter is on and you don't have a tripped GFCI breaker on the output of the inverter.

If that's the case and you still don't have power to the fridge from the inverter, then the wiring from the inverter to the fridge is cut.

I'm assuming that the fridge works fine on shore or gen power.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:34 PM   #9

Well, I took it to the dealer. The inverter was incorrectly wired. The dealer fixed. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwisconsin View Post
Well, I took it to the dealer. The inverter was incorrectly wired. The dealer fixed. Thanks.
That's a da__ shame. If you just entered your new bus and it wouldn't start because of improper wiring, shame on them!
Enjoy your new RV......

Tags
fridge