Old 06-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #1

Fridge Problems In Rv

Now we are leaving for Mytle Beach tomorrow morning, I turn on the fridge two days ago so it would be nice and cold, I check on it and the check lite was on and the fridge was hot, I reset it three times and the check lite wanted to keep on coming back on, so check for loose connection made sure I had power from my garage to the camper made sure breaks were good then I pulled the fuse and inspected it...no problem, but I decided to put a new 15 amp fuse in and the darn thing is now working, holding at 34 degrees, I hate this kind of trouble shooting.....

Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Now we are leaving for Mytle Beach tomorrow morning, I turn on the fridge two days ago so it would be nice and cold, I check on it and the check lite was on and the fridge was hot, I reset it three times and the check lite wanted to keep on coming back on, so check for loose connection made sure I had power from my garage to the camper made sure breaks were good then I pulled the fuse and inspected it...no problem, but I decided to put a new 15 amp fuse in and the darn thing is now working, holding at 34 degrees, I hate this kind of trouble shooting.....
Doesn't the check lite only come on when the fridge fails to ignite on propane ?? If so, maybe the fridge was in the propane only mode with the propane off or lines not purged. Maybe the new fuse reset the fridge to automatic again ?? Just speculating here.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Doesn't the check lite only come on when the fridge fails to ignite on propane ?? If so, maybe the fridge was in the propane only mode with the propane off or lines not purged. Maybe the new fuse reset the fridge to automatic again ?? Just speculating here.
mtnguy, the first thing I check was the button for gas, it was in the correct position (depress-in) on mine means "no gas" this always seems to be over looked but I have learn my lesson early in my camping career. As far as the check lite coming on, while at our seasonal site we had lost power and every time this happens the check lite comes on and I am using campground power.
When I read about someone on the forum that has a fridge problem it seems like there's work opposit from mine, so I figer I am just an odd ball....Your speculation with the fuse could be valid, but at the same time when I have to reset a pc board in a piece of equipment there is one or two things I have to do #1 disconnect line voltage to the control board or #2 sometime there is a reset botton built in on the pc board. So the only thing I did was to change the fuse and eye balled everything else but it is still working...Maybe I have some kind of super power in my old eyes, they are blue you know
Old 07-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #4

What year/ model RV/ do you have?
The Check light is ONLY an indication that the LP did NOT light. Nothing else.
A 15 amp fuse would have NO affect on the operation of a Dometic refer. The standard minimum fuse just for the Dometic refer is 5 amp. If the Eyebrow display was on you had adequate 12 volt power. The 15 amp fuse fix was a coincidence.
When you pre cooled, was it on 120 volts? If the unit failed on 120, you would not get a check light. Doug
Old 07-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUGRAINER View Post
When you pre cooled, was it on 120 volts? If the unit failed on 120, you would not get a check light.
That's my thinking as well. The check light comes on generally when it's not getting gas. After mine has been sitting awhile I have to purge the air from the gas lines by firing up the stove top to make sure gas gets to the fridge.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #6

Same here on purging the gas lines after sitting. On our old rig I would find scale would sluff off the inside of the flue pipe and drop down and land on the burner orifice causing misfire or a weak flame. I would carefully blow compressed air through there to get it out of the way each year at the beginning of the season to get the fridge working well on gas.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote