Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #1

Fridge Temp Elec vs. Gas

Has anyone noticed temperature differences in the fridge depending on if they are running gas or electric? On our maiden voyage I stopped at the Wal-Mart to get some milk and grabbed a couple bags of ice. Stuck one bag in the freezer and one in the fridge part. Put the milk in the fridge as well and headed down the road with the fridge running on gas. 45 minutes later, we reach our spot and the milk is already starting to get cold. After hookup, I switched over to electric to conserve my gas.. Next time I checked, I had ice melting everywhere. Turned the fridge back to gas and after a while, the water in the bottom of the fridge turned to ice. I kept it running on gas the whole weekend, but would have liked being on electric instead. Breakers were not blown nor were fuses.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #2

The fridge will get colder on propane than electric.
BCooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Lottery Non-Winner

But if the freezer part was already cold (you said the milk was getting cold), then putting it on electric should not have let it get warmer. At least not enough to melt the ice. Your fuses and circuit breakers might be alright, but I still think something is not quite right with your unit.

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote