Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #21
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
No idea. What is the make and model? I will look it up.
The book I keep all that information in is in the RV at the storage facility. I will get it and let you know.

There has to be some connection between the cold setting button and the thernistor IMO.

Thanks
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #22
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,154
Here is the latest Dometic Manual.

It shows temperature "lights" but not buttons.

I will keep looking.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dometic Refridgerators new Manual.pdf (2.90 MB, 9 views)
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #23
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Here is the latest Dometic Manual.

It shows temperature "lights" but not buttons.

I will keep looking.
Herk - don't spend anymore of your time on this. Ours does have the lights and I guess they simply tell how cold the frig is at any one time.

The manual doesn't say anything about the thermsistor, just a thermostat.

Thanks again.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #24
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Herk - don't spend anymore of your time on this. Ours does have the lights and I guess they simply tell how cold the frig is at any one time.

The manual doesn't say anything about the thermsistor, just a thermostat.

Thanks again.
The thermistor is the thermostat. It varies the resistance of the circuit based on its temperature. At a pre-selected resistance the fridge turns on the heat. Sliding the thing up and down causes that resistance to be met sooner or later; thereby selecting the temperature to be maintained.

Think of a mercury switch in an old style thermostat. As the temperature rises the mercury expands and tilts the spring loaded glass vial over and closes contacts that route power to the heater or air conditioner. Sliding a lever adjusts the tilt one way or the other making that "topple" occur sooner or later.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #25
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
The thermistor is the thermostat. It varies the resistance of the circuit based on its temperature. At a pre-selected resistance the fridge turns on the heat. Sliding the thing up and down causes that resistance to be met sooner or later; thereby selecting the temperature to be maintained.

Think of a mercury switch in an old style thermostat. As the temperature rises the mercury expands and tilts the spring loaded glass vial over and closes contacts that route power to the heater or air conditioner. Sliding a lever adjusts the tilt one way or the other making that "topple" occur sooner or later.

That is the reasoning I said in my #19 post. I bet I am not the only reader here that didn't know what a thermistor was until reading here today.

The manual could show a picture of the thermistor in the section where it speaks about adjusting the temperature.


Some of these manuals you get - but that is another subject entirely (read my rand about the outdoor kitchen refrig thermostat location sometime and you will see what I am talking about).

Thanks -
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 133
If I parked the truck (truck is turned off) on the street and have the propane on and the frig is using propane, will the frig draw a lot of juice from the 12v battery on the trailer?
__________________
tntrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntrac View Post
If I parked the truck (truck is turned off) on the street and have the propane on and the frig is using propane, will the frig draw a lot of juice from the 12v battery on the trailer?
No, the fridge doesn't use much DC, however with the battery turned on other parasitic loads will be connected. Usually most can last a few days without charger on.
__________________

__________________
VinceU is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.