Old 02-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
Cool Furnace and Air Conditioner fan

We have a new Siverback 29re and when we turn the firnace on the air conditioner fan also blows. Anyone else had this happen?

preacherpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
Villa Estate 392FLFB
the "Fan" switch on the thermostat is usually just for the AC. furnace regulates its own fan. that or you got a heat strip in the AC ducts.

One state/province at a time!
Full Timing - Salem Villa Estate - 392FLFB - Purchased July 29th 2010
The_Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Preacherpaul - We have a 2011 Sabre Silhouette and ours works the same way, we were told this is to move more air around inside the unit when the furnace is running. If you read the instructions for the thermostat you will see that you can select the air conditioner fan to HI, LOW or OFF when the furnace is running. Hope this helps.

Enjoy the new RV.
riversedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
our thermostat (Dometic) has an auto/on switch for the fan in the a/c unit. if your thermostat has this select "auto" and that will turn the fan off during furnace use. if you turn it to the "on" position the fan will run continuously with the furnace. same for when the a/c is on.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
Our thermostat is digital and programmable, it's like learning to use a new remote. In other words a PITA.
riversedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
We just bought a new Georgetown 350TS and had the same issue. I called Dometic and they told me how to fix that. If your controller is a small square with a LCD in the middle it's called the single Zone LCD Thermostat. When you press the on/off Mode button it goes through fan/cool/furnance and the temperature is adjusted with the + or -. When you are in fan mode press the + or - until you see au (auto). Otherwise the A/C fan will stay on in either hi or low speed.
concours14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
Thank you!

We have been trying to figure out how to keep the a/c fan from running all time, never thought of hitting the "+" or "-" on the fan selection. Thanks very much. My DH was getting ready to tear the thermostat out and install a new one!

JEBBX is offline   Reply With Quote

air conditioner, fan