Old 11-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #1

Furnace not working again.

I have a problem with the Furnace again I try this
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Try lighting and running the stove for a bit. There may be air in the line and the furnace doesn't like it.

Joel
but last time I try to use it again doesn't work start working for like 50 sec and then just stop but no heat.

Also sometimes the electric converter is making a large bip and the lights turn off but no the tv.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #2

How's your battery? The TV is 110v but the lights and furnace blower/igniter are 12v. Sounds like a weak battery, maybe?

jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #3

Have you refilled the propane tanks since your last post? If so, then you will need to purge the gas lines again. Remember, this purge cycle MUST be done every time the gas is either shut off or a gas bottle replaced. If the gas is off for more than about 10-15 minutes it will escape and air will enter the lines again.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #4

Quote:
How's your battery? The TV is 110v but the lights and furnace blower/igniter are 12v. Sounds like a weak battery, maybe?
Is conected to my house source is 120.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #5

The converter still had to convert the power from 120 to 12 and the battery, usually still needs a good charge to make things work better. I'm no expert, but have read many posts similar and the battery was the culprit.
Might be worth a check
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Have you refilled the propane tanks since your last post?
no
Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
If the gas is off for more than about 10-15 minutes it will escape and air will enter the lines again.
I didn't use the travel trailer for a week so I think this ^ can be the problem.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #7

Quote:
The converter still had to convert the power from 120 to 12 and the battery, usually still needs a good charge to make things work better. I'm no expert, but have read many posts similar and the battery was the culprit.
Might be worth a check
This sound right I was thinking the same but this is my first travel trailer so I ask before I burn it. thanks
Old 12-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #8

We purchased a new 2011 Sierra 340RL in October and have had a few issues with the furnace. The first night (Friday) we camped in it the furnace stopped about 1:30 AM. I shut it off for a few minutes and turned it back on and we had heat the rest of the weekend. We camped again the following weekend with no problems. We camped again Thanksgiving weekend and again woke up in the wee hours of the morning with no heat. I check and the first propane tank was empty; I switched to the 2nd tank and purged the lines, but still no heat. I replaced the empty tank with a full spare I keep (and purged the lines again) and still no heat. We used an electric heater and went back to bed. I called a local RV Mobile tech and as luck would have it he was camping 12 sites away in the same campground. He explained that the “low pressure diaphragm” can stick. He tapped on it and we had heat the next 3 days. I only wish I would have crawled in and watched what he tapped on. He said this is a common problem. Just curious if anyone else has heard of this?