Old 12-04-2018, 12:38 AM   #1

Furnace question

Hello
So I bought my first travel trailer about 3 weeks ago. A 2019 Sonoma 167rb. I have had it in storage since the day I brought it home, Ive been tinkering on it, buying all the necessary things etc getting ready for our first trip out this weekend, for just two days. So when I brought it home one of the first things I did was to turn my main battery disconnect off. Its been off this whole time and I have removed my propane tank. So today I go to stock some items in the trailer, it was dark so I decided to turn on my disconnect so I can have some battery power lights inside the trailer, Its a cold night, about low 40's. after turning on the disconnect I went inside and I heard my furnace fan running and blowing cold air, I don't have any propane nor do I have shore power connected. my thermostat is in the off position yet the fan was running. Is it normal for the fan to cycle on as soon as you turn on the disconnect?

Sonoma Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:00 AM   #2
Coach

I'm not familiar with your brand TT, but if you are sure it is the furnace fan and not an ac or bathroom vent fan running, I would guess there is an independent switch for your furnace fan somewhere.

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:06 AM   #3

If you have one of those basic thermostats with a lever on the top they need a firm push to the left to actually turn off. Otherwise they are at the lowest temperature setting.
TheGerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:29 AM   #4
Site Team

Sam, you need to post a pic of your thermostat or make and model.
As the German said, old style analog thermostats require pushing the lever all the way to the side until it clicks, for it to be off.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Sam, you need to post a pic of your thermostat or make and model.
As the German said, old style analog thermostats require pushing the lever all the way to the side until it clicks, for it to be off.
I am sure its a basic thermostat, its analog, and it looks quiet inexpensive. Ill take a photo and post as soon as i can, and i feel like i moved the lever all the way to the off position, but maybe I didn't go far enough, I now I didn't hear any clicks, just slid the lever over to the off position. Hope its that easy of a fix.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGerman View Post
If you have one of those basic thermostats with a lever on the top they need a firm push to the left to actually turn off. Otherwise they are at the lowest temperature setting.
DING DING DING WINNER WINNER, you solved this idiots problem, I guess i was scared to push that lever any further and break it and thought it was in the off position. But i went and checked on it and sure enough, you have to really give it a good push to get it to the off position, Im sure it will loosen up with age. I feel like an idiot but am glad its not a major problem that i was having with the furnace. Thanks for the help and stand by for more stupid questions im sure ill have as i get into my actual camping trip.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:02 PM   #7
Site Team

Sounds like the old school white analog thermostat.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:56 PM   #8

photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Sounds like the old school white analog thermostat.
yup id say old school Click image for larger version

Name:	20181204_112740.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	192634ol
Old 04-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonoma Sam View Post
yup id say old school Attachment 192634ol
I never stop asking stupid or not stupid questions. That's how you never stop learning. I am only 67 an still have a long way to go.
Stickmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #10

Swap that almost useless thing out for a digital thermostat.
Easy two wires. $16.00 on Amazon

Honeywell RTH111B1016/E1 Digital Non-Programmable Thermostat

MtBiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace