Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #1

Furnace trouble

I have a 2016 Forest River Salem Cruise lite travel trailer. I am having a problem with the furnace not coming on. The thermostat is on . Checked the fuse in the panel. There is propane. The stove lights up the propane. It worked yesterday for awhile. Any ides what else to check.
bghaagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bghaagar View Post
I have a 2016 Forest River Salem Cruise lite travel trailer. I am having a problem with the furnace not coming on. The thermostat is on . Checked the fuse in the panel. There is propane. The stove lights up the propane. It worked yesterday for awhile. Any ides what else to check.
More info . is the fan coming on but not igniting ? no fan no nothing ? after checking fuse's you need to verify power at furnace , check T-stat has call for heat , access furnace and jump T-stat wire together any difference ? etc so you see more info is needed to try and trouble shoot over the net
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:41 PM   #3

furnace

Thanks. Will check it out.
bghaagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:30 AM   #4

Check your battery if your not plugged in and make sure it is adequately charged. Not sure if your camping or at home, plugged into power or not. Those details will help narrow down your things to check list.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:16 AM   #5

same problem

I have the same problem!

Battery fully charged. When on battery power. I move the thermostat and I can hear that faint click inside the thermostat but the fan does not come on, so nothing happens. If I plug the trailer in, I hear the faint click in the thermostat, the fan comes on, then the click click click of the igniter, the rumble of the gas igniting and then heat. Unplug the trailer no heat.
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:27 PM   #6

The rest of the story

And now for the rest of the story I check the furnace for 12 volts. I found I had 12 volts at the furnace but my fan would not run. I checked the thermostat the thermostat tested good. I found was my camper has a battery disconnect the disconnect have failed to make good contact that gave me 12 volts but no working amperage. All of my lights worked and did not dim when I turned on the furnace because I have converted them to LEDs. Because they are LEDs they use almost no amperage and are self-regulating. When I tested the battery I had removed it from the camper, so of course the battery tested just fine and it was. So after finding the source of the problem I tried again to start my furnace the fan ran but it would not liked. Who would guess that my three-year-old LP gas regulator would fail in the last two weeks.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
And now for the rest of the story I check the furnace for 12 volts. I found I had 12 volts at the furnace but my fan would not run. I checked the thermostat the thermostat tested good. I found was my camper has a battery disconnect the disconnect have failed to make good contact that gave me 12 volts but no working amperage. All of my lights worked and did not dim when I turned on the furnace because I have converted them to LEDs. Because they are LEDs they use almost no amperage and are self-regulating. When I tested the battery I had removed it from the camper, so of course the battery tested just fine and it was. So after finding the source of the problem I tried again to start my furnace the fan ran but it would not liked. Who would guess that my three-year-old LP gas regulator would fail in the last two weeks.
Sounds about right ! glad you got it solved
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:09 AM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Thanks for coming back with a report.
Happy camping!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:06 AM   #9

did the OP get it fixed too?
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #10

Replace the regulator and now everything works fine one more time.

Tags
furnace