Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2011, 01:38 AM   #1

Furnace will not light

The furnace in my 2003 Wildcat 28BH 5'er seems to work intermittently, and on my last camping trip would not light at all. During the summer its not a big deal, but with some winter camping plans I will need it for sure. The furnace attempts to light and then times out. I have check all the normal things; propane full, cook top and oven work great, and the refer works on the propane. I need help. Is there anything I am overlooking? Is there another regulator on the furnace itself or possibly maintenance that I need to preform to ensure the furnace works every time.
CountryGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:50 AM   #2

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Open the Outside Furnace cover and look around to see if the bee's got in and made a nest in the intake area-vent. or spider webs are clogging the peto-tube for the propane. I believe there are some other threads that cover what else to look at use the search bar at the top of the page! Hope it helps a little. I always start mine and run it a couple of times during the summer for a little while and also have screens over the inlets to keep the bee's out !

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:16 PM   #3

Furnace

I have a Rockwood Signature Ultralight with a Saburban furnace. We just got back from camping in North Georgia and had a problem with the furnace. It would click like it was going to start but then the fan would not engage so it did not go through the sequence of starting. I called our dealer and the tech talked me through a reset procedure that worked. If you ake off the front grill and then the metal front cover, there is an on-off switch on the side where the wires go in. It should be in the on position. Reach in and shut it off and back on. Try this a couple of times. If this does not work, there is a round flush dot on the front that is a reset button. Push that in and hold it a few seconds. I had to do a combination of these steps to get it to work but eventually it did. Also, if yours is like mine, there are round metal punch outs on the side that come out when you turn them to allign the tab. This allows you to get your hand along side the furnace. Do all this with the furnace on. Good luck.
Time2Tow is offline   Reply With Quote