Old 01-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #1

Furrion Backup Camera Pairing

I have a Furrion Observation Backup Camera, this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-FOS48.../dp/B017P8H7BO

Every time I turn around, the 'pairing' is lost. Requires two people, one of which has to be on the ladder holding on with one hand........and the one on the ladder has to push the little reset button exactly simultaneously with the TV driver selecting "Pair Device" on the monitor and holding it for two seconds. Both are supposed to let go simultaneously.

It's a BUGGER to do! Yet it loses pairing all the time, especially when just sitting in the vehicle between trips. Hook up again and bingo, it's lost pairing.

Any suggestions???????

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I have a Furrion Observation Backup Camera, this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-FOS48.../dp/B017P8H7BO

Every time I turn around, the 'pairing' is lost. Requires two people, one of which has to be on the ladder holding on with one hand........and the one on the ladder has to push the little reset button exactly simultaneously with the TV driver selecting "Pair Device" on the monitor and holding it for two seconds. Both are supposed to let go simultaneously.

It's a BUGGER to do! Yet it loses pairing all the time, especially when just sitting in the vehicle between trips. Hook up again and bingo, it's lost pairing.

Any suggestions???????
Wonder if you have to turn your running lights on to work?

Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:16 PM   #3

Yes. And sometimes I forget that. Thanks.

But often times it loses pairing even then. It has a little display, very much like a cell phone display showing strength (increasing bars), and I have to mount the camera on the driver window to get 2 bars......sometimes 3. I wonder if it's just too far away from each other to Bluetooth adequately? If so, I don't know what to do about that, there are no repeaters like with a TPMS system.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 01-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #4

How do you have the antennas oriented. I ran across another thread on these cameras a while back where someone who seemed well versed in radio was talking about this. Because of the type of antenna used, it is important that the two antennas (camera and receiver) be oriented the same way. According the that other poster, the strongest signal radiates from the antenna in the shape of a donut. So, orient them - & - or / and / or l and l, but not l and - or / and \, etc. They should be parallel to each other. On my rig, there is 35+ feet from camera to receiver and I'm getting 4 bars. Good Luck.
Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2018 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #5

Another good point. The manual speaks to that. I try to do that, but it's not 100% achievable.

So.........does anyone else lose pairing ever?? If so, is there an easier way to restore it??

I just checked mine again, just got trailer home from shop, and it's lost pairing. I did all the checks, and tricks. Too old, cold, and tired to mess with it now, but surely there's an easier way!

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 01-27-2017, 03:53 PM   #6

Have you tried contacting Furrion support. Something may be wrong with the unit.

I'm following along because I'm thinking about getting one of these for my trailer.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Have you tried contacting Furrion support. Something may be wrong with the unit.

I'm following along because I'm thinking about getting one of these for my trailer.
Yes. I talked to them. They are the ones that explained it was a two-person job. They talked me through getting it done. But getting it done is cumbersome.

I also with the screen was about twice as big! I have to squint.

But with all that said, it is great to have. I'm LOOONNGGG driving down the road, and it does give me a lot of visual info on when to change lanes, etc.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 01-28-2017, 12:46 PM   #8

My Palomino truck camper is pre-wired for the furrion camera. I was thinking of getting their observation unit, but it is the most expensive unit I have found here in Canada. Are they really worth the money or are their cheaper, better unit available.
ofishlbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 12:50 PM   #9

We have that camera and for the last 6 months of usage, not every day but over 30 pulls it has never lost it's paring. This is with it connected to power and then days to weeks not having power. I think there is something wrong with it and would have Furrion send you a new one.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #10

camera

I agree with Gectisme, I have never had to pair my but once the first time I turned in on and it was done from the unit in the truck.

bemilner is offline   Reply With Quote