Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #1

Furrion camera issues

So I decide to install a observation camera in my 2019 29TE. I know the power supply for the camera is coming off the tail light of the trailer.

So the only problem I’m having is that my 2015 F150 headlights are flickering when camera is on. I will be heading to the trailer this weekend to further diagnose but wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem.
Thanks
Old 09-05-2018, 12:39 PM   #2

Sorry to hear your having trouble with your camera. I recently installed one on my 2018 29KSWS and it is working great. If your camper was prewired, the power from camera should be coming from camper clearance lights. Not sure what that would have anything to do with your headlights. Keep us informed on what you find.
Happy Camping!
tonyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:41 PM   #3

Odd.

Mine works but I finally just took it off and stored it. I can't see diddley squat with it. The screen would have to be 2-3X bigger, and the resolution about 10X better.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz1 View Post
Sorry to hear your having trouble with your camera. I recently installed one on my 2018 29KSWS and it is working great. If your camper was prewired, the power from camera should be coming from camper clearance lights. Not sure what that would have anything to do with your headlights. Keep us informed on what you find.
Don’t get me wrong, the camera works great and I went with the 7” screen. The issue is that my head light are strobing when trailer is connected to the truck. So I’m going to test the 7 pin on the truck.

My guess is the module that controls the automatic headlights is the issue
Old 09-05-2018, 06:39 PM   #5
Who Dares, Wins

If your attributing it to the camera I assume it only occurs when you use the cam? Like was said, it is only into the parking lights so it should have nothing to do with the headlights. Not even a wire in the 7 round for headlights.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:29 PM   #6

Not sure if this applies here at all, (and if my memory serves me right), but when I was having trouble with my first Furrion camera someone mentioned they had to turn off their daytime driving lights to get theirs to work right. Can't recall any details of their setup but just a jab in the dark on my part, might try that.
Happy Camping!
Old 09-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #7

Just a wild guess here. I assume this is happening at night, if so could the sensor for the headlights be seeing the light from the monitor? To test cover the sensor and see if flicker stops.
MLBHSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Not sure if this applies here at all, (and if my memory serves me right), but when I was having trouble with my first Furrion camera someone mentioned they had to turn off their daytime driving lights to get theirs to work right. Can't recall any details of their setup but just a jab in the dark on my part, might try that.
I had to turn the head light on the park position to get the camera to work. Also that’s when they headlights started to flicker. The camera would not come on with the daytime setting and I didn’t have a chance to check the auto light setting either.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBHSB View Post
Just a wild guess here. I assume this is happening at night, if so could the sensor for the headlights be seeing the light from the monitor? To test cover the sensor and see if flicker stops.
This was in the morning when I picked up the trailer for the first time. Had to figure out what light setting would activate the camera. I don’t think the camera is the problem. I believe it’s got something to do with the truck.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #10

Try it with the camera away from the dashboard if you can. I had other electronics in my truck that seemed to be interfered with from the monitor. Maybe if you have a rear 12 volt aux to plug into or just stretch the cord to the back seat? It may be interfering with your control for the lights.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
Try it with the camera away from the dashboard if you can. I had other electronics in my truck that seemed to be interfered with from the monitor. Maybe if you have a rear 12 volt aux to plug into or just stretch the cord to the back seat? It may be interfering with your control for the lights.
Ok I just realized that I did not setup the trailer using te dash board lol . I wonder if this is the problem. Wow I feel like a dick
Old 09-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #12

I wouldn't think that would be the problem.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:46 PM   #13

I had the dealer install my Furion camera and they installed it so it is on all the time. When I am plugged in or just on battery. It is wearing out my battery. I am ready to take it off and sell it. Any ideas how I can change it to turn it on or off when I want to.
duzfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by duzfire View Post
I had the dealer install my Furion camera and they installed it so it is on all the time. When I am plugged in or just on battery. It is wearing out my battery. I am ready to take it off and sell it. Any ideas how I can change it to turn it on or off when I want to.
Find the wire and install a switch
Old 09-06-2018, 09:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by duzfire View Post
Not sure of your rig but is the camera mounted up by your clearance lights? If so, you should be able to tie into clearance lights there. You will have to disconnect their always hot wire and insulate it from everything else. I can't figure how they got a hot wire there to start with. If it was me, I would want to just find the source of that always hot wire and disconnect to make it a dead wire, just to be completely safe. Hope this helps.
Happy Camping!
Old 09-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #16

Quote:
Not sure of your rig but is the camera mounted up by your clearance lights? If so, you should be able to tie into clearance lights there. You will have to disconnect their always hot wire and insulate it from everything else. I can't figure how they got a hot wire there to start with. If it was me, I would want to just find the source of that always hot wire and disconnect to make it a dead wire, just to be completely safe. Hope this helps.
Mine does the same thing, it comes pre-wired from the factory with power to the camera when ever there is 12 volt to the system, I will be tracing mine out so I can shut it down when I want to.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Yes the camera is taking power from the rear marker light. I’m checking the truck out today and found out that ford has a bulletin for a updated plug
Old 09-10-2018, 11:35 PM   #18

Quote:

Thank you. That helps me out a lot.
duzfire is offline   Reply With Quote