Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2018, 09:31 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Furrion DV3100 DVD player consistently freezes mid movie

Our brand new Furrion DV3100 DVD player kept freezing mid movie on brand new dvd's consistently, over and over. I contacted (e-mailed) Furrion customer service with the issue because this unit is brand new included with the purchase of the new 2018 RV camper.
They recommended the reset button, which did not work for me.
After verifying purchase date, serial#, and make, model, year of my 2018 Grey Wolf 23DBH, they notified me that a new unit would ship to me and to repackage the old unit and send it back using the same box with a supplied return label.

The swap is very easy, and it only requires a phillips head screwdriver to remove the 4 mounting screws. All connections are simple plug and play from the prior unit's install. It's very easy!
If you have these issues, I recommend contacting Furrion customer service ditectly as they were very prompt and sincere in helping me solve the problem.
B-
__________________

Bmcarmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:55 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
madatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: OH
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmcarmean View Post
Our brand new Furrion DV3100 DVD player kept freezing mid movie on brand new dvd's consistently, over and over. I contacted (e-mailed) Furrion customer service with the issue because this unit is brand new included with the purchase of the new 2018 RV camper.
They recommended the reset button, which did not work for me.
After verifying purchase date, serial#, and make, model, year of my 2018 Grey Wolf 23DBH, they notified me that a new unit would ship to me and to repackage the old unit and send it back using the same box with a supplied return label.

The swap is very easy, and it only requires a phillips head screwdriver to remove the 4 mounting screws. All connections are simple plug and play from the prior unit's install. It's very easy!
If you have these issues, I recommend contacting Furrion customer service ditectly as they were very prompt and sincere in helping me solve the problem.
B-
Thanks for this post, I have a 2019 Fr Vibe with that same DVD unit that I purchased in November and on Saturday tried to watch a movie for the first time and the disc(any kind) will not load, goes in about 3/4 and ejects after 5 seconds, if I call the dealer I know what will happen, 40 mile trip and wait for a month for a 5 minute replacement, i will call them, Thanks again for your post and hope they will help me
__________________

__________________
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
2018 Silverado 1500, w/stupid hitch
3 Great Danes, 1 Weimaraner
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:05 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
CincyGus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 268
I believe I read about a screw on the back of the furrions that needs to be removed prior to install that prevents damage during shipping. There is supposed to be a sticker on the back of the unit reminding the tech to remove it but evidently either the tickers come off or the tech didn't notice.

If that screw is not removed, DVD's/CD's won't load.
I would pull the unit out and check and see if that may be your problem.
__________________
2015 GMC 2500K Denali, 2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23Pack15, 2014 EZGO Golf Cart
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:27 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
madatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: OH
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
I believe I read about a screw on the back of the furrions that needs to be removed prior to install that prevents damage during shipping. There is supposed to be a sticker on the back of the unit reminding the tech to remove it but evidently either the tickers come off or the tech didn't notice.

If that screw is not removed, DVD's/CD's won't load.
I would pull the unit out and check and see if that may be your problem.
Cincygus how does the unit pull out of the cabinet, I do not see any screws on the face so maybe the face plate comes off? Thanks for your help
__________________
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
2018 Silverado 1500, w/stupid hitch
3 Great Danes, 1 Weimaraner
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:34 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by madatme View Post
Cincygus how does the unit pull out of the cabinet, I do not see any screws on the face so maybe the face plate comes off? Thanks for your help
The user manual shows how it comes out.
https://cdn.accentuate.io/1906118393...100_IM_WEB.pdf
__________________
2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab long bed 2WD
2019 Forest River Surveyor Legend 19BHLE
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
madatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: OH
Posts: 230
Thanks, i will post the result sometime over the weekend
__________________
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
2018 Silverado 1500, w/stupid hitch
3 Great Danes, 1 Weimaraner
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:17 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
madatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: OH
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
I believe I read about a screw on the back of the furrions that needs to be removed prior to install that prevents damage during shipping. There is supposed to be a sticker on the back of the unit reminding the tech to remove it but evidently either the tickers come off or the tech didn't notice.

If that screw is not removed, DVD's/CD's won't load.
I would pull the unit out and check and see if that may be your problem.
i pulled out the player and sure enough the 2 screws where still in the top with a red strip that says to REMOVE THESE SCREWS, removed them and it works, so much for the dealers word that everything works during delivery, thanks again for your time
__________________
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
2018 Silverado 1500, w/stupid hitch
3 Great Danes, 1 Weimaraner
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:23 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
madatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: OH
Posts: 230
with the player removed i noticed the outputs to the tv are not hooked up so i assume i need to drill a hole behind the tv and run rca cables from the player to the tv or player to the wall jack thats behind the tv, will investigate later, too bad the player doesnt have hdmi to go to the tv, life would be great
__________________
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
2018 Silverado 1500, w/stupid hitch
3 Great Danes, 1 Weimaraner
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:32 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2
Mine was bad right off the lot, of course didn't notice until I went to use it. I wonder if there was a bad batch? (2018 25lb)
I did get a new out of the box replacement. Though that could have gone better: the shady assistant parts mgr at Coates rv in Hugo tried to install a used one with a broken bezel. That did not go over well.
__________________

Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.