Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2016, 10:00 AM   #1

Furrion DVD player won't "play"

We have a new 2016 Cherokee 275VFK with a Furrion DV3100 radio/DVD player. When I insert the DVD it will play up to the menu page of the video however, it will not play any selection. I have tried the "play/pause" button, the "ok" button, the "select" button and any others that I thought might work.
All it does is freeze for a minute or so and go back to the menu page. The book that came with the unit is not helpful at all. Any ideas/suggestions?
TNtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:39 AM   #2

Did you resolve this ours will not either.
SonyuQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:53 AM   #3

My rig does not like playing the discs I like to buy at Walmart that have 3 or 4 movies on one disc. Some work fine some do what you described. Or any disc my daughter has in her collection with 7 year old smudge prints never work. Just a clean newer dvd and no problems?? I don't think these players have the greatest laser like our in home units. I have a 2016 salem cruise lite 201bhxl I believe the same sound/dvd in yours. Good luck. Do try a new DVD if you have one first just to verify it is not the dvd.
JasonandShawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:59 AM   #4

Thanks for the info. We have tried new dvds too. We have not resolved the problem. It is on the list of things for the dealer to fix under warranty. : ) Turns out the connection where the satellite plugs in outside doesn't work either. If I bring the satellite inside and connect directly, it works. I'm getting a full list together for the dealer.
TNtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:04 AM   #5

Furrion cheapest junk on the market
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:29 AM   #6

When we first purchased our Wildcat in 2010 it had Furrion, we had this exact same problem. We have since purchased a new RV. There was a setting in the menu that needed changed so the DVDs would continue to play. I am sorry I can not remember the exact way to get there to change it. I think I found out how to do this in the Manual. It had to do with the type of video disc.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:44 AM   #7

We just bought a Sunseeker 3170 and the TV w/DVD won't play DVDs either. I first put in a DVD with old sitcoms (Hogan' Heroes) and it wouldn't play. I also tried a single movie disc (Indiana Jones) and it wouldn't work either. The TV part works just fine, the DVD mechanism seems to try to read the disc, and then just shut down.
Tacmantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:30 AM   #8

Furrion DVD player won't "play"

I just spent some quality time with my Furrion TV/DVD combo and figured out my issue!

Source-->DVD

Use the bottom portion of the remote.
Press the green setup button.

The General Setup menu appears.

Use the arrow keys around the Enter button in the middle of the remote

TV Display-->4:3 Letterbox (it used to be wide screen)
Tacmantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:37 AM   #9

We bought a 2016 puma 32rkts with a furrion sound bar and dvd player.
I have hooked it up to the tv with the R/Y/W cords in every way imaginable, but I have picture with no sound. can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.
thanks
awhite64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhite64 View Post
We bought a 2016 puma 32rkts with a furrion sound bar and dvd player.
I have hooked it up to the tv with the R/Y/W cords in every way imaginable, but I have picture with no sound. can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.
thanks
Having the same problem with our 2016 Puma. Picture but no sound. Instruction manual no help at all. Not sure where to go at this point, so looking forward to any help.
newttorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:57 AM   #11

got it figured out. I went to radio shack and bought a headphone adapter.
one end plugs into the headphone jack on the tv and the other end is to plug the red and white ends of the rca cables into. make sure the furrin is set on av in, and you should be good to go.
awhite64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:22 PM   #12

EDIT: started my own thread for my topic: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1325585

--------

I own a 2017 Cherokee Wolf Pup. I can't find any instructions about how to connect our TV to the Furrion dvd player. Does it send the signal through the antenna jack? With a DVD playing my TV doesn't find any signal from the player on any channel.

Any tips?
LifeAsBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAsBen View Post
EDIT: started my own thread for my topic: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1325585

--------

I own a 2017 Cherokee Wolf Pup. I can't find any instructions about how to connect our TV to the Furrion dvd player. Does it send the signal through the antenna jack? With a DVD playing my TV doesn't find any signal from the player on any channel.

Any tips?
I came looking for the same answer. Insert disc. Sound plays through speaker in camper. No signal to tv. Correct source is selected. Composite cables used (red, yellow, white).

Tags
dvd