Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #1

Question Furrion TV turns itself off (completely dies)

We have a 2014 Rockwood Roo 19 with a Furrion TV installed.

The TV worked flawlessly testing at home, with the camper hooked up to 110v AC.

At the campground now, first-ever trip, we are hooked up to 30 amp power. We have the fridge and water heater both running on electric not gas. (Don't know if any of this matters). There is power coming into the TV's electrical outlet as confirmed by plugging in other things to check.

Within maybe 30 minutes of being set up, the TV turned itself off for no apparent reason. We were just standing around and I am not sure if anything "kicked in" anywhere or what. The TV was not just off in "standby" mode but completely dead and not turning back on. It didn't have the little light on the front.

We found a little toggle switch on the bottom of the TV ( I / O) and cycled it back to I. We unplugged the TV and plugged it back in. We also found this little button by where the antenna cord plugs into the wall and cycled that. We don't understand what that is for. Turning antenna on/off? Couldn't see any issues with fuses or circuit breakers. (Power to outlet is OK!) No luck.

Then the weird part is that the next day suddenly the TV was back on again in standby mode (little red light illuminated) and it turned on and worked perfectly. Yay! We were able to watch it just fine.

And now this morning it has decided to again be completely dead and not able to be turned on!

We have already contacted our dealer and plan to have them take a look. But does anyone here have any ideas? I will let you know what we find out from the service techs. We thought maybe the TV was toast but since it came back from the dead temporarily, we're probably dealing with some major gremlin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	352.6 KB
ID:	53675  
skyflyer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #2

The only thing I can think of for you to look at first, is it programed right for auto shut off or timer control in the TV menu ? That little green light is showing your amp is on only. that would only be cable. You still had juice to the TV socket so it's not a power problem. It's within the TV for sure.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #3

First check the voltage at the power center. High or low will cause problems.
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:42 PM   #4

I'm betting there is a fault with the circuit board. I would say you need a new TV. The voltage would have to stay very low for an extended period of time for not even the light on the front to come on.

Current: 2019 Sunseeker 2290S
Previous (2012-2016): 2012 Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe, 2 Mtn. Bikes & 4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:56 PM   #5

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Unplugging for a while then plugging back in, followed by cycling the physical power switch on the back of the TV Made it come back alive. We will look into the voltage issue...
skyflyer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #6

Most of the time when this occurs, you have overheated/blown capacitors in the circuit board. I have rebuilt many flatscreens by simply desoldering the old caps and soldering in new ones. But hey, if you can get the dealer to score you a new one go for it.

You can see in the picture the top of the capacitor is domed and leaking. Its about a $1.50 fix....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAP.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	53691  

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote