Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #1

FYI Concertone zx75

I purchased a 2008 27dfwp Wolfpack I love it but all the little things that keep happening. Out camping this weekend and my Concertone ZX75 would not turn on. Pulled the fuse in the breaker box that did not work. Took the unit out of the wall unplug the power to it for about 10 min, plugged it back in and "walla" it works. Still can not get remote to work but at least I have tunes. The other thing this trip is my LP sensor went off but I think it was from some bug spray I sprayed. I do have the gas off right now just in case. But it never went off until I got to the campground and the refrigerator was running off the gas until I got here and it never went off. But we will see.
kmb1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #2

I have a 2012 rockwood 2502s and I have been having issues with my concertone Zx75 . I have only used it twice to watch a DVD . The first time I used it the video would freeze. I then opened a brand new dvd and put that in thinking the last dvd had a scratch or smudge. That DVD also froze. I contacted concertone via email and they advised me to disconnect my battery from my tt for a couple mins. I had it disconnected for two weeks until I used the tt again. When I tried watching a dvd again it played for about 10 mins before it just started skipping ahead to different parts of the movie. Again I tried another movie and had the same result. Also the remote will not work at all unless it is 6 inches or closer to the unit. I contacted concertone and they told me to call my dealer for warranty replacement. I keep it on some property I own and my dealer is 250 miles away so I called to see if I can remove the unit myself and bring it in for replacement. They told me that is not an option and that I have to bring the tt in for inspection or concertone will not replace it! Or I could find a closer dealer to bring it to. Ya ok, I hear dealers that you didn't buy your tt from just love helping you out with warranty issues. If it doesn't work , it doesn't work. Why do I need a dealer to tell me what I already know ? I am more than capable of pulling out and replacing a head unit so do I really have to pull my tt to a dealer?
Redwing13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
There are so many things you have addressed in one of your first posts that you may want to search the forums for inputs on some of the topics you bring up including who manages the warranty process and why, what dealers are required or not required to do and the challenge owners have when there selling dealer is hundreds of miles away from where you keep your RV! In one post you have managed to touch on these and more!

And as a representative of Concertone, I should just probably sit on the sidelines with this one, but I guess I will put on my helmet and try and explain a few things from where I view the action!

First, you may be more than capable but not many RV owners are so that affects some dealers’ policies.

Here is the problem, if the dealer sends back a unit that is in fact working for whatever reason, they (the dealer) gets dinged for all the costs (a new unit, shipping, poor scores and they still end up with the old unit). In today's economy and heavily regulatory business environment dealers are concerned about all their costs and must watch every expense! Believe me, they would much rather you be happy than worry about pinching pennies, but if they don’t watch those pennies and nickels, they will not be in business to help you at all.

That said, I want to clarify that Concertone does NOT control anything a dealer does including requiring them to inspect the unit, the install or the trailer. The dealer and the RV manufacturer work together within a warranty process to execute warranty repairs. I will say that if I were the dealer I would require the same thing and I believe that to be good business, BUT I also recognize the inconvenience this causes some RV owners.

ALL NEW RV PURCHASERS SHOULD DISCUSS WARRANTY ACTIONS WITH THEIR DEALER BEFORE BUYING SO THEY UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PROCESS WILL BE!

In closing, this board has documented many cases where a dealer has allowed what you are asking but they are not required to. I would call him back and ask him nicely…

And welcome to the forum!
Happy 4th of July!
Bob
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #4

Thanks for you input Bob, I appreciate you taking the time to chime in. I will go ahead and ask my dealer politely if I can swap it out the unit myself. I now also have a better understanding of how the dealer gets warranty work done without getting burned themselves. I guess I expected it to be like most electronic manufacturers warranty. Where as you deal directly with the manufacturer . The dealer being a middle man so to speak. I understand things go wrong with product I just am looking for a solution that is painless as possible so i can enjoy my TT. Thanks again.
Redwing13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #5

2011 Rockwood 2604. Built 9-3-10, bought 4-1-11.
Model ZX75 Concertone

Used the TT and ZX 4 times until today, and the only complaint I could have is that the speakers sound "tinny" and the radio reception was poor.
I store the TT on a lot, with a power disconnect switch...

Today, I brought the unit to test some things, and while inside tried the radio for music....nada. ..... tried an MP3 CD and that worked....tried the radio again...AM/FM...nada not even static

Any ideas what may be going on???

Thanks
Old 05-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu
2011 Rockwood 2604. Built 9-3-10, bought 4-1-11.
Model ZX75 Concertone

Used the TT and ZX 4 times until today, and the only complaint I could have is that the speakers sound "tinny" and the radio reception was poor.
I store the TT on a lot, with a power disconnect switch...

Today, I brought the unit to test some things, and while inside tried the radio for music....nada. ..... tried an MP3 CD and that worked....tried the radio again...AM/FM...nada not even static

Any ideas what may be going on???

Thanks
Just a follow up....my unit had failed and my dealer replaced it with a Genesis 2.0 unit. Works okay for now..like the Bluetooth.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Warranty replacement is the way to go (when still in the one-year timeframe). I've had two replaced after trying to solve the issues on my own. The third one seems to be the charm. Glad to hear you like the Genesis 2.0.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy
Warranty replacement is the way to go (when still in the one-year timeframe). I've had two replaced after trying to solve the issues on my own. The third one seems to be the charm. Glad to hear you like the Genesis 2.0.
I like it because its working first time out......
Time will tell....
Old 05-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu

I like it because its working first time out......
Time will tell....
I know exactly how you feel

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
27dfwp, concertone zx75