Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2019, 10:27 PM   #1

FYI-TST sensor TPMS battery exchange

I last replaced my TST flo-thru sensor batteries April 2018. Here in Dec 2019 I thought I would replace again before my 2000 miles winter trip south. I never turn off the sensors so I figured that 20 months was enough.

I purchased ten # 1632 cells for $6.90 on Amazon.

I measured the voltage on the old cells after about 20 months of continuous use. The voltage of the old was 2.91+ on all cells in 4 sensors. I replaced with new cells that measured 3.3 Volts. Maybe I could have used them for a bit longer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	button battery.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	221177  

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:26 AM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor

I'll just keep a couple batteries handy. From TST: Sensor Low Ba ery Alert
The sensor low ba ery indicator will display when the CR1632 sensor ba ery is at the end of its life. The re a ected will ash along with the pressure and temperature read-out and the low ba ery symbol and (!) on the le side of the display. Replace with a new ba ery as soon as possible.
NOTE: This low ba ery alert will display for only a short me un l the ba ery is exhausted. If you do not have the display on o en, the indicator signal will be sent but not shown on the display, since it was o . If your sensor is not repor ng to the display, check the ba ery voltage. If it is below 2.75 volts (normally 3+ volts), you may have to change the sensor ba ery.

I don't know why the T in battery didn't come out in this cut and paste. BTW, I've had horrible luck ordering button cells on Amazon, they have frequently been low voltage, like they are very old.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:13 AM   #3

Once per year I order a 10 pack of generic CR 1632 batteries from Amazon. They work as well as the name brands and cost less.

I've also noticed that the year old batteries measure around 2.9 volts vs 3.3 volts on the new ones. However, once I drive the motorhome 10 to 15 miles and wake up the sensors the voltage on the old batteries drops to about 2.5 volts and I lose signal on the sensors farthest from the monitor.
I just replace them annually.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200101_031004.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	221241

Tags
battery, tpms