Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #1

Genesis 2.0, minilite 1905

Took our new Minilite on the first trip this weekend, everything seemed ok. Only niggle so far is that I can't figure out how to get the video signal from the Genesis unit to the TV. The only video connections are mounted on a plate under the Genesis, both are coax. One is labeled Aux/Sat and the other is labeled TV. I connected to the campground's cable through the TV connection. However, when playing a DVD in the Genesis unit, the TV wouldn't recognize a video signal regardless of which coax I used. I can hear the audio, so I know the DVD is playing.

I think there should be another video cable; I've never run anything other than cable over the coax. Any suggestions? I can post a pic of the setup later if it helps. The techs at the dealer weren't very knowledgable about the AV system. The Genesis manual wasn't much help either.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #2

If it's similar to mine then there should be video and audio cables going from the back of the 2.0 thru the wall and out of a small hole behind the tv. The 2 coax are just to switch from antenna to Cable/Sat, nothing to do with the Genesis.

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan2503S View Post
If it's similar to mine then there should be video and audio cables going from the back of the 2.0 thru the wall and out of a small hole behind the tv. The 2 coax are just to switch from antenna to Cable/Sat, nothing to do with the Genesis.
Ok, thank you, that's what I was thinking - there is a hole under the unit behind where the TV is mounted, but nothing coming through there.

Are these units easy to remove? I'd hate to have to tow it 45 minutes to the dealer if all I have to to is unmount it to pop on a cable.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #4

Just a FYI I had the same problem I took the faceplate off of the radio head / the av cables weren't hooked up and I had to install a av wall plug on wall behind tv everything works fine, before I did that I also just got sound out of speakers .
walnuts0806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #5

on mine it is difficult because of where it's mounted and how little slack there is on the speaker cables. I checked a picture of a 1905 and it might not be too bad on yours. On either side of the 2.0, there is a lil hole to stick a flat head screwdriver and pop off a plate which gives you access to the screws to remove it.

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
Old 09-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #6

while your in there, Run a 2nd set of audio cables and plug them into the TV audio out on back of tv. Then you have surround sound for your DVD and your ANT/CABLE/SAT as well.

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
Old 09-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #7

mine came wired with rca connector for the tv. i have to change the input on the tv to watch a videos. for the audiuo the dealer usde a head phone type of jack to rc to the rear of the sound system seems to work fine. does anyone know if there is hdmi connectors on the back of the genesis
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #8

Thanks all. Found an RCA video cable to make the connection, will try it out as soon as I can. The TV wasn't included with my 1905.

Prothos, there is no HDMI out on my Genesis unit; it's strictly DVD and not blu-ray. Sadly not even component video out.

Mark
Old 09-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #9

i didnt think it would have hdmi but i was hoping. i currently hook up my android tablet to the tv via hdmi to watch movies at night. works pretty good but was wishing for better quality. I knew abot the no blu-ray. i do like the the blue tooth sync. i use it to play music when we are sitting outside relaxing. Im still looking into the issue of the lower volume from the outside speakers. i checked to make sure wiring wasnt reversed and it was fine.
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote