Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Genesis 2 (ZX85) - B and C speaker problem

Hi Bob and all those who are radio/electronic savvy.

I have a Genesis GT-2.0 (ZX85) in my Flagstaff Shamrock 233S. The radio had been replaced under warranty this summer (wouldn't turn on) but I seem to have a new and different problem that I am at a loss to solve (and so is my dealer).

With the new radio installed, it worked just fine until I turn off the power button. Then, the B and C speakers do not work; only the A speaker. B and C will either hum or click.

The original wiring harness had been used by my dealer when they installed the replacement radio so I thought that the harness could be the problem. I swapped out the old harness with the one that came with the replacement but am experiencing the same problem.

I can "reset" the radio by disconnecting and reconnecting the harness connector from the back of the radio and all speakers start to work. If I turn off the radio and back on after a few seconds, the B and C speakers will hum only.

(By the way, while replacing the harness, I found that FR incorrectly connected the B speaker wires (blue and blue/black). They had wired the blue to the blue/black and the blue/black to the blue. I have corrected that.)

Any thoughts?

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #2

Yes, take it out and have the dealer replace it again.
I had my 2 week old ZX75 replaced due to poor sound quality from the A & C speaker outputs. I took it out and sent it directly to Forest River and they sent me a new ZX85 (GT2.0) as replacement. After enlarging the mounting hole for the new system and getting it plugged back it sounded much better. However, during a camping trip the following weekend I discovered that this unit wouldn't read any discs that I put in it. So, out came the new ZX85 and back to Forest River it went. I had a new ZX85 replacement the same week and I'm happy to report that this is a good unit (so far). There seems to be quite a few defective concertone's out there, so don't fight with it, just get it replaced. Now that I have a working unit, I'm happy with it.. It has some nice features over the previous model, I just wish there was a better video output option than the "yellow cable", (a RBG component or hdmi would be nice).
tmilicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmilicia View Post
so don't fight with it, just get it replaced.
Yep - that would be my next step if I can't get anything going with the current unit.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmilicia View Post
Yes, take it out and have the dealer replace it again.
I had my 2 week old ZX75 replaced due to poor sound quality from the A & C speaker outputs. I took it out and sent it directly to Forest River and they sent me a new ZX85 (GT2.0) as replacement. After enlarging the mounting hole for the new system and getting it plugged back it sounded much better. However, during a camping trip the following weekend I discovered that this unit wouldn't read any discs that I put in it. So, out came the new ZX85 and back to Forest River it went. I had a new ZX85 replacement the same week and I'm happy to report that this is a good unit (so far). There seems to be quite a few defective concertone's out there, so don't fight with it, just get it replaced. Now that I have a working unit, I'm happy with it.. It has some nice features over the previous model, I just wish there was a better video output option than the "yellow cable", (a RBG component or hdmi would be nice).
I had my ZX85 off of the wall the other day and it does have RGB output, you just have to get a different wall plate and hook it up.
2012 Rockwood Roo 23SS
ddemme is offline   Reply With Quote