Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #1

Genesis 3.0 bluetooth

I have the Genesis 3.0 in my 2012 Sabre. This year when I went to stream music through the Bluetooth, "BT ERROR" comes up. Obviously this is Bluetooth error but I was wondering if there was any fix? I have reset it back to factory and still nothing?
bragg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Pairing the GT-3.0 with a Short Range Wireless device

With the GT-3.0 powered on Press the button marked “PHONE MUSIC” to enter Short Range Wireless setup. The GT-3.0 screen will report “NO LINK” until a Short Range Wireless device is successfully paired with the GT-3.0.

The GT-3.0 will send a password request to the Short Range Wireless device that reads “Enter a numeric PassKey for GENESIS TECHNOLOGIES ****”. The factory default pass key is (0000). Enter the 4 digit numeric code to unlock the Short Range Wireless connection. The GT-3.0 will send a confirmation request to the device that reads “Accept Connection Request from GENESIS TECHNOLOGIES?” Confirm GENESIS TECHNOLOGIES connection to successfully pair device with the GT-3.0

Pairing the GT-3.0 to a cell phone will configure the GT-3.0 to allow hands-free listening and talking. The built in microphone is located on the face of the GT-3.0 with a range of 12 feet. Sound is transmitted to any of the selected rooms A, B and or C.

The paired Short Range Wireless connection also allows remotely controlled streaming stereo audio from the paired device from as far away as 25 feet.

Short Range Wireless paring is not video enabled.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. My issue is that I cannot even get to the "no link" screen? As soon as I press the BT button it goes straight to "BT ERROR" and won't do anything else?
Old 07-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bragg2000 View Post
I have the Genesis 3.0 in my 2012 Sabre. This year when I went to stream music through the Bluetooth, "BT ERROR" comes up. Obviously this is Bluetooth error but I was wondering if there was any fix? I have reset it back to factory and still nothing?
Have you fully pulled power to the radio (breaker, unplug it, etc.) for 2 minutes and then turn it back on?
Old 07-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

Have you fully pulled power to the radio (breaker, unplug it, etc.) for 2 minutes and then turn it back on?
That I have not done. I will now tho
Old 07-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #6

That worked. Good idea. Thanks
Old 07-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #7
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bragg2000 View Post
That worked. Good idea. Thanks
Cool! It's the classic IT fix, "reboot". It's the only way to give it a real reboot - completely cut the power to it.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:32 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

Now, someone tell me how to get a GT-3.0 to play dvd's. We tried it for the 1st time in FL and it loads and just shows the beach scene. Dvd's play in other devices.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:47 AM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Now, someone tell me how to get a GT-3.0 to play dvd's. We tried it for the 1st time in FL and it loads and just shows the beach scene. Dvd's play in other devices.
Are they BluRay or regular, new or copies?

How is the humidity in the camper?
Air Conditioning on or off?

One thing to try is to leave the unit ON for a while to cook any condensation off the Laser that could be fogging it.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote