Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #1

Question Genesis 3.0 hack/unlock code?

genesis 3.0 or zx800 whichever you want to call it ..... does anyone know of a hack code to unlock dvd player to region free ? we've just had a new 5th wheel shipped to us in the UK so would like to use it if poss ...... allthough judging from some of the comments i read about concertone on here is it worth me even trying ? it just seems a shame that we should just take it out and 'bin' it. i did email concertone who told be it would only play region 1 discs (which i already new thankyou) but that was it. and yes i am aware i could copy my dvd's to region 1 , but costly and time consuming, anyone got any ideas to help a poor little newby ?
cazzzzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:14 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

CAUTION - THIS POST may not be entirely legal IF you attempt it. It is presented for informational purposes only. However, the software is available in your country and is easy to use.

The easiest way for you involves copying the DVD you intend to use in the camper to a DVD-R blank using a program called DVDfab.

It will remove copy protection and country code from the DVD allowing the copy to be played on any DVD player. Us only DVD-R medium and it should work fine. Copyright laws allow you to make a backup for your personal use and to protect your investment of the original disk. Although the "Use Agreement" in the package tell you you forfeit that right when you break their seal on the DVD package. However that use agreement is located INSIDE the package on the disk, so "Fight's ON."

Remember to set the Concertone and TV to PAL to play movies formatted for UK and NTSC for movies formatted for everywhere else.

I bought my wife several season's worth of the 1950's TV show "Rin Tin Tin" for Mother's Day a couple of years ago as she was in love with the boy "Rusty" at Fort Apache as a child. It was available ONLY from Amazon UK and was in PAL. However after copying them with DVDfab, not only did the copies play on the Concertone DVD player, the shows displayed properly on the NTSC TV. Not if it was because the original format was NTSC or if the DVDfab converted it to my default output or not.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Yes, I know you think that will be time consuming, but the Region code is in Firmware. The DVD drive sets the region code for the DVD drive (forever) with the FIRST DVD inserted when it is initially powered up for use after it leaves the factory. If the RV dealer who initially checked out the camper prior to shipment checked the DVD Player with a US DVD, they burned Region 1 into the firmware. A replacement sent "unchecked" right from the factory "may" fix your problem by allowing you to burn it to your region (I think 2 is Europe) with one of your Region 2 disks.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #4

Thanks for your quick responses , its looks like I'm gonna be making backup copies before we go away then . The problem is now that anything involved with sending the unit back is going to cost shipping . It's just not worth it ..... we've also got the sat radio which I believe is tuned in to your sirius satellite so don't think that going work
Old 10-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #5

Sorry I meant to say not going to work ..... back to the dvd thing , there are loads of hacks on the internet for everyother dvd player on the market which make them region free , why not this one ?
Old 10-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Because its a concertone and nobody cares I'm assuming
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #7

Lol ..... what about bob fields ..... thought he cared ? .......Still awaiting his reply :'(
Old 10-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #8

Please tell me what this 'Region' thing is about?
Thanks
jack

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #9

In the UK we run on region 2 , PAL format for our dvd's in the US you have region 1 , NTSC
Old 10-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #10

So why not have all of them the same?
Jack

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #11

if only things were that simple jack, (heres a copy of what wiki has to say about it:-

DVD region codes are a digital-rights management technique designed to allow film distributors to control aspects of a release, including content, release date, and price, according to the region. DVD video discs may be encoded with a region code restricting the area of the world in which they can be played.
The American DVD Copy Control Association in California requires that DVD-player manufacturers incorporate the regional-playback control (RPC) system – according to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, an Australian government agency.
There are six different official regions and two informal variations DVDs may use one code, a combination of codes (Multi-Region), most codes (Region 0) or every code/no codes (Region All). The commercial DVD player specification requires that a player to be sold in a given place not play discs encoded for a different region; however, region-free DVD players are also commercially available. In addition, many DVD players can be modified to be region-free, allowing playback of all discs.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #12

whoop whoop ! just finished testing tv & concertone and ....... it's region free !! even tho' the company told me it was region 1 , ive played region 2 and region 1 discs on it all ok. it turns out the tv is 'pants' tho', its ntsc and i think runs at 60hz which doesnt match up to us in the uk , so tv for sale
Old 10-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #13
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Nobody contacted me directly about this and unless I stumble upon a post, I hope I am not judged by a lack of response. As always my contact information is readily available here.

The products are made for North American distribution and unless we build a round of products for other areas, there is not much I can do.

Hopefully, folks understand that...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #14

Impressed by your response bob, thanks , but just to let you know I tested a disc the other day (region 2) and it works ok ...... don't know why or how it works but it just does ...... perhaps I should have actually tested if b4 I submitted my orgional post, it would have saved us all time ! But thanks to everybody who's had an input, much appreciated