Old 08-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #1

Cool Genesis 3.0 Sound System

Hi, I am new to the forums. We have a 2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8281 WS. The last outage, the DVD no longer operates. When you insert a DVD, the disc feeds into the unit then will not load. The message says "load" and the disc symbol at the top right hand corner does not turn. The wife noticed that the "blue" light that is located behind the lower right hand door that has hinges on both side is no longer lit. The DVD unit makes a high pitched noise. Can someone help us trouble shoot this problem? What is the component behind the RH lower door with the blue light? To eject the DVD disc you have to turn off the Genesis system then turn the unit on again and the disc will eject. One more thing, the radio plays, it is just the DVD unit that doesn't work.

Thanks.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:15 AM   #2

Hi Medicine Hat. I was just going to post something on my own Genesis unit when I saw yours. The thing that caught my eye is when you said, "The DVD unit makes a high pitched noise."

Maybe our two problems are related. I'd ask you a couple of questions first.

1) Before you started having the problem, did you have the unit on and then run any of the trailer's other twelve volt components like the tongue jack or anything else?

2)Do you by any chance have a solar system with a Samlux power inverter or any other inverter?

I'll post my own problem and see if anyone has any ideas.

wyoman

Old 08-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #3

Genesis System

Hi wyoman

To answer your questions.
1) The wife doesn't remember activating any other 12V device prior to the DVD not working.

2) No we don't have a solar system on the trailer.

I would be interested in someone could tell me what is behind the small RH lower door with the hinges on both sides (so you can't open the door). It use to have ablue light that would light.
Will have to do some investigations.

Medicine Hat
Old 08-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #4

OK Evidently, there's been several problems with the Genesis units. If your warantee is still in effect, better talk to your dealer and have him order a new one.