Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #1

Genesis 3.0 station loss

I know there has been plenty of chatter on the Genesis radio. Let me share with you what I encountered, maybe one of you techno wizards can help solve a lot of problems for other campers. I received a new replacement Genesis 3.0 due to the old not getting any radio stations. I set it on the floor of the TT and proceeded to make the wire transfers. before putting it back in place, I turned it on everything worked great! Got about 15 AM stations and 12+ FM stations. I put the unit back into it's location in the entertainment center and lost about 1/2 of the FM stations and a couple of the AM stations?

So I am wondering if the tight space, with all the wires and the TV hook ups is causing the interference which is hindering the antenna reception? Is that even possible?

I am throwing it out there to see what any of you may think. When it comes to electronics...I'm a little "short".....(heehehee that's a pun get it?)

Thanks

Dave
2014 Palomino 30RKSS
49 Nites in 2013
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #2

Is there an LED light right near where the unit is mounted. LED lights have been known to cause interference with TV signals. Maybe Radio too? Trying turning off the lights and test the theory.

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #3

Tried that, the lights have not been an issue. Thanks for responding.
dave
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote