Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #1

Genesis GT-2.0 CD/DVD Volume Can't hear

We bought a Palomino S-238 with a Genesis GT-2.0. The radio volume is fine (5-6 setting is nice) but playing a DVD movie we have the volume at the max of 39 and can barely hear the audio (AC on, forget it). We've tried many DVD's but always have to set the volume to 39 and still can barely hear. The User manual and quick start manual are a joke. Anybody expereince this and how did you fix it?

Terry
469-323-9396
trobe0310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #2

Same issue

We just got our Roo 233S and have the same exact issue. DVD's are very hard to hear unless you turn it all the way up. Additionally, the first DVD I played worked fine. Put the same DVD in again the next day and the picture is skewed to the left, then jumps to full screen... back and forth. Color is off too. Going to pull it and see if the cables are loose in the back.
YukonNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #3

Pulled the unit, unplugged and replug all cables. Re-installed unit and the DVD played fine....for a minute then right back to jumping around. Time to call Forest River and see about a replacement. As far as the the dvd volume, it seems to be a quirk of these units.
2012 Nissan Titan Pro
2013 Roo 233S
Old 06-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Sounds like your audio may not be set up properly.

Things to try (from the manual):

1) Press "setup" button on the Genisis remote
2) Go to the system setup page
3) scroll down to "default"
4) Select "Restore"
It will restore all default settings and turn off the unit.
5) Turn it back on.

If that did not work; then:

1) Press "setup" on the remote
2) right scroll to the Music Note Icon (Audio setup)
3) Make sure these settings are enabled:

Audio Out - SPDIF/RAW
KEY - 0
FRONT - LARGE
CENTER - LARGE
REAR - LARGE

EXIT SETUP

Turn on unit and check

Then

1) Press "setup" on the remote
2) right scroll to the Speaker Icon (Speaker Setup)
3) Make sure these settings are enabled:

DOWNMIX - 5.1CH
SUBWOOFER - ON
CENTER DELAY - 0MS
REAR DELAY - 6MS (I use 12MS for more surround effect)
BASS MODE - LARGE

EXIT Setup and Turn on.

Sound should rock your world.

If these settings still don't work, you can select SPDIF/PCM in AUDIO OUT and try that.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GT-3.0-5-4.pdf (1.89 MB, 206 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #5

The model I have and the OP has is the Genesis 2.0 model which differs a bit. I did try the restore to factory settings and that didn't help unfortunately. I will see if any of the other settings for the 3.0 model apply to my 2.0, never know it might. Now if I can just get the DVD to stop jumping around..... Thanks!
2012 Nissan Titan Pro
2013 Roo 233S
Old 07-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
IF the wiring is all set and you rest the unit to factory defaults, it should play fine with these "out of the box" selections. If not, then unfortunately it will need to be replaced.

This is not "common for these units" and I am sorry you are inconvenienced. Hopefully your dealer can coordinate a painless, plug & play replacement quickly.

If I can help, please let me know.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #7

Mr. Fields, I have a new 2012 Palomino Ultralite Thoroughbred T-245. When I picked it up from the dealer they only had the TV (Konka) working. Antenna to TV cable. No connection to the Genesis GT-2.0. My daughter helped me rig a connection from the TV to the TV Video Out plate using some cables I had laying around so we could watch a DVD. I have speakers in the front, back and outside and they only work with the Genesis while watching a DVD or listening to music. When I watch just the TV, the speakers don't work, just the speaker on the TV. The instructions in both the TV manual and the Genesis manual do not show how to hook up the Genesis to the TV. Should I take my TT in to my dealer and have them hook everything up or is this something you can help me with? Thank you.
djellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:43 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by djellis
Mr. Fields, I have a new 2012 Palomino Ultralite Thoroughbred T-245. When I picked it up from the dealer they only had the TV (Konka) working. Antenna to TV cable. No connection to the Genesis GT-2.0. My daughter helped me rig a connection from the TV to the TV Video Out plate using some cables I had laying around so we could watch a DVD. I have speakers in the front, back and outside and they only work with the Genesis while watching a DVD or listening to music. When I watch just the TV, the speakers don't work, just the speaker on the TV. The instructions in both the TV manual and the Genesis manual do not show how to hook up the Genesis to the TV. Should I take my TT in to my dealer and have them hook everything up or is this something you can help me with? Thank you.
I wouldn't have left the premises without anything not working.
My dw is somewhat of a stickler and either I get my a&$ chewed or they do ........ I choose them.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #9

Replacement

Contacted my dealer, Albany RV and spoke to Debbie. Explained my problem with the DVDs playing and she is arranging to have a new Genesis 2.0 shipped to me which I will install and send the old unit back to them. That works perfectly fine for me! I am happy.
2012 Nissan Titan Pro
2013 Roo 233S
Old 07-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #10

As far as I can tell Genesis units suck. Dealer said nothing wrong with ours everything set up correctly,BULL#?*!. Can't play DVDs picture skewed and fuzzy and volume scratchy. Finally bought a bluray player that fits on shelf under TV and my tech savy son got it all hooked up although still have to have volume for dvds and tv at 25 at the lowest.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
Owner - RVtronics

ahhh,

One person has a dealer that takes care of him and the other does not. Stinks that we are all in the middle.

Dennis,
For the DVD Play Issue Please try:
1. Pressing and holding the MODE button (with the unit on) until it shuts off. Then try again.
2. Using System Setup try changing the TV SYSTEM to NTSC. Try again.

I can't get here everyday so please feel free to contact me at the email or phone number below as well.
(781) 281-9440
Old 07-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #12
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by djellis View Post

For the TV sound (when watching a TV station) try changing the MODES to select different inputs. Normally the TV Audio Output is connected to the entertainment system so you can hear it through the speakers (which is also why your TV speakers were probably shut off).

You may need to take the GT2 out of the wall to verify the connections. If you are uncomfortable doing so then I would suggest taking back to the dealer to help you.
(781) 281-9440
Old 07-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #13

Update.... I pulled my Genesis out and disconnected all the wires like I had done before so I could find the serial number to get the replacement. After twirling the unit and finding the serial number, I re-installed it until the new one came. For kicks, I put the dvd back in and tried again... works perfectly. I have tried it repeatedly over the last week with the trailer being hot, cooled off, have taken the unit back out and re-installed it again, still works. So I just had Albany RV note that I had the problem in case it goes in the future. I do have an extended warranty.
2012 Nissan Titan Pro
2013 Roo 233S
Old 07-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #14
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonNH View Post
Update.... I pulled my Genesis out and disconnected all the wires like I had done before so I could find the serial number to get the replacement. After twirling the unit and finding the serial number, I re-installed it until the new one came. For kicks, I put the dvd back in and tried again... works perfectly. I have tried it repeatedly over the last week with the trailer being hot, cooled off, have taken the unit back out and re-installed it again, still works. So I just had Albany RV note that I had the problem in case it goes in the future. I do have an extended warranty.
Since ALL the radio wiring is home run during install and they do not solder the connections (they use "crimp" type to join the camper wires to the pigtails on the radio) vibrations and poor install technique can cause high resistance or no connection failures in the wiring.

I have said it before, 75% of camper radio issues are connection, incorrect wiring, and setup mistakes.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #15

Genesis technology 2.0

I have the GT2.0 also and although the sound is irritating it doesnt bother me that much we just crank it up. My question is this my remote battery back fell off and we lost it, This makes the battery not stay in place. Does anyone know where I can order a remote control?
allandra42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #16

As far as I can tell the Genesis volume is directly related to the tv volume. Tv volume has to be up to get volume out of the genesis. And as far as using the dvd player it just sucks, we bought an inexpensive blue ray player.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #17

When playing DVD's, I noticed that to get the sound louder you have to use the Genesis remote. The TV remote doesn't control the sound when playing DVD's.
Days Camped 2015 - 20
Days Camped 2016 - 12
��
NKARENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #18

With our Genesis 2.0 system, the only time we get surround sound with DVDs is if the DVD disk has been recorded with surround sound. Sure would like to get the surround to work for all TV stations and DVDs as my husband has major hearing loss - And we are both electronically challenged!
Useta have a 17 ft Casita LD twin bed mod &
Coleman pop up
NanaKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #19

Problems on the genesis gt 2.0

I had the system working and i changed the setting on the system setup and what i did was on the video i selected the tab called interlace YUV and noe i can hear the dvd but no picture, i had it working right and should have never messed with it. So i tried reseting the unit and that didnt work so i pulled the fuse and will retry, the radio and the tv works on the local networks so its something to do with the dvd. I only have one cable from the unit to the tv for the dvd. dealer is no help.
rbm830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #20

And i tried to push the set up key on the remote and nothing happens
rbm830 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad