Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #1

Genesis GT-3.0

I have a Genesis GT-3.0 which worked fine on the first trip, but after that the power light stays on and nothing else works. That includes everything, display, radio, DVD, etc.. Any suggestions on what could cause this???
nelson931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Like any computer, the radio may "lock up" for various reasons. The GT3 is a lot more than your average DVD player.

Heat, moisture, damp, voltage fluctuations or spikes, or a low battery can cause what you are seeing. In fact it can persist even after the condition that caused it is removed.

Bring the camper up (or down) to normal temperature and reset the radio by removing power from the unit completely. This can be done by completely removing power from the camper (Shore and Battery) for about 30 seconds; finding the main power fuse for the 12 volt power wire going to the radio (may be located in a pigtail fuse holder behind the main power center - remove the screws that hold it in and slide out the power center to access it); or the fuse located on the back of the unit itself (be VERY careful removing the face - it pops off - as it is easy to break).

This should reset the radio and give you control again. Get a good surge protector and/or voltage stabilizer for your camper if you do not have one.

There are several threads here regarding surge and power line conditioners.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #3

Make sure one of your remote buttons is not stuck down. This happened to me and the red eject LED kept flashing all the time.
jwb41950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #4

Question Genesis GT3-0 Will Not Turn On

I am a novice RV'er. I am on my second trip in fact.
On the first trip, my Genesis GT3-0 worked fine. This trip the red power light goes on, but the unit will not go on when I press it.
I also have a Sirius Radio that will not power up at all.
I read this post from Nov 20, 2012 that talked about pulling the 15 amp fuse for a moment and retrying it. I have tried that with out luck.
Is there another voltage regulation system, of some other issue options anyone knows about. I don't understand how the red light glows if there is no power to the unit.

Thank you everyone...... in advance

Tuck1964
Tuck1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Sorry for your inconvenience.

When you took the fuse out did the red light go out? If not, it was not the correct fuse.

With no power to the satellite radio, you will need to pull the radio and check the wiring connections and fuses here.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #6

Hey Bob,
BTW, I lived in Ashby MA for a while Born in Concord actually. GO "B's"
I took the unit out of the wall...... spaghetti of wires........ the 15 amp fuse is not blown. The wiring all seems good. When I took the 15 amp fuse out of the main panel, the unit power light (red) went off. Is there a way to "reset" the unit?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck1964 View Post
Hey Bob,
BTW, I lived in Ashby MA for a while Born in Concord actually. GO "B's"
I took the unit out of the wall...... spaghetti of wires........ the 15 amp fuse is not blown. The wiring all seems good. When I took the 15 amp fuse out of the main panel, the unit power light (red) went off. Is there a way to "reset" the unit?
You just did. Wait a few minutes; replace the fuse and put it back together.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #8

OH WELL. I pulled the fuse waited 15 minutes and still no luck. Thank you for the try. I'm in Colorado for a trip and unfortunately I can not get any help here. I just bought the thing in April, so I hope its under some warranty.
Thanks again.

Tuck
Old 06-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
OH WELL. I pulled the fuse waited 15 minutes and still no luck. Thank you for the try. I'm in Colorado for a trip and unfortunately I can not get any help here. I just bought the thing in April, so I hope its under some warranty.
Thanks again.

Tuck
Contact your dealer ASAP. There should be a 1 year warranty.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #10

I have a new 2014 Rockwood Windjammer with kind of same problem my Bluetooth will not get sound it shows it is connected on the display but we cannot hear anything. We pulled out and checked the back wiring everything looked ok I guess (lol). Dealer was no help at all. Even tried to call Genesis just keep getting a voice mail. So frustrated in Alabama any ideas?
LisaMike0322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #11

My bluetooth worked fine but it was hard for the person we called for them to hear. Everything programed fine from the tv remote to the GT remote so I only need one remote. Wife prefers to just use the tv remote and forget the surround sound deal. Still can't figure out why the bass woofer is in a cabinet on the floor. Sounds much better with the cabinet door open. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
Owner - RVtronics

If you bought i n April you are definitely covered under a warranty. Call your dealer and ask if one can be shipped to you...

Quote:
Thanks again.

Tuck
(781) 281-9440
Old 06-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #13
Owner - RVtronics

Does everything else work but the Bluetooth?
Is there more than one device paired with the radio?
Try deleting (or forgetting) the pairing on your device and try again.
Try removing the fuse for one minute and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMike0322 View Post
I have a new 2014 Rockwood Windjammer with kind of same problem my Bluetooth will not get sound it shows it is connected on the display but we cannot hear anything. We pulled out and checked the back wiring everything looked ok I guess (lol). Dealer was no help at all. Even tried to call Genesis just keep getting a voice mail. So frustrated in Alabama any ideas?
(781) 281-9440
Old 07-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #14

Hello All - This is my first post out here and I would appreciate any help I can get. I have a 2010 Rockwood with the Genesis Gt 3.0 system in it. I really enjoy it however I have 2 issues. 1. the cd/dvd player will play for about 15 minutes and then lock up and go to a "loading" screen. I have to bounce out to the radio feature to power the unit off and then it will reset. I have never been able to make it past the 15 minute mark in a movie or cd. 2. Last night while camping I was awakened by a flashing blue light in the living room. this proved to be the display on the unit flashing on and off. I have powered it off and pulled the fuse on the fuse box and on the back of the unit itself. when I power it back up it has characters on the display which appear to be written in "Klingon". there is nothing on it that works now ... except the backlight on the display. Help me Bob Fields you're my only hope.
Trinket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #15

Can anyone answer this one?
Ok so I hook up my sat dish and get the music channels to play on the television. How do I get the music to come out of the surround sound speakers?

Help appreciated.
acacia580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by acacia580 View Post
Can anyone answer this one?
Ok so I hook up my sat dish and get the music channels to play on the television. How do I get the music to come out of the surround sound speakers?

Help appreciated.
Run red/white audio from the sat receiver out to your surround. If there's an optical out on the receiver and an in on the surround
Old 08-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #17

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmerinwi View Post
Run red/white audio from the sat receiver out to your surround. If there's an optical out on the receiver and an in on the surround

Ok i have a 8265 ultra lite rockwood so where would i plug the red and white into as the back of the unit is covered?

acacia580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #18
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by acacia580 View Post
Ok i have a 8265 ultra lite rockwood so where would i plug the red and white into as the back of the unit is covered?

You can pop the bezel off of the outside trim for the radio and then it exposes 2-4 screws that are holding the radio in place. If you take them out, you can pull the radio out to get to the back of the unit.

From there- you're on your own for how to get cables to it.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMike0322 View Post
Other than the Bluetooth issue, how do you like your new Windjammer? We're picking up our 2014 Windjammer 2809W tomorrow. What model is yours? What type of Truck do you pull it with? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
2Barnetts is offline   Reply With Quote