Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
Georgia

Genesis GT 3.0

Hi picked up my Rockwood 2601s last week. I am having trouble 1.Getting the DVD to work,when I put in a disk I only get audio no picture. 2. I can not figure out how to get the suround sound to work.
What should I set the TV on to get video?
roadhound59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #2

1. Make sure your antenna booster is off. If possible look at the back of the TV to see which input the DVD player is connected to. If that's not possible start playing a DVD and cycle thru the TV video inputs until you see the movie playing.

2. Have you gone thru the Genesis set up menu? In the manual (pg 27 on mine) you might have to turn on the center and rear speakers.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

You will need to find out if your system is setup using the hdmi out on the Genesis or composite signals. Check the back of the TV and see if it looks similar to the one HDMI pic or a cable with a yellow RCA connector on it. If it is HDMI you need to check which hdmi port on the TV it goes into and select that input with your TV remote, if it is rca you will need to know what port it is and select accordling as well. I would go through the manual for the TV to see see how it is done on your particular unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HDMI.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	23167   Click image for larger version

Name:	composite.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	23168  

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #4

This must be a common problem I have a similar problem as well only with the DVD audio is good the video is in and out.Checked all of the connections they all look good so I guess it's back to the dealer since it's only 3 weeks old
Latitude 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Depending on when your TT was built it could utilize either of the cables TheSasks mentions above. All NEW Rockwoods and Flagstaffs use HDMi Cables now.

If you have audio then typically it is the INPUT selection on the TV, if the cables are actually connected. Sometimes the TV's are removed from the TT when stored at the dealership to prevent theft so simply double check that they are connected properly.

Also if you have a GT3 with an HDMI cable connection to the TV you may find that when you put in the DVD it automatically switches the TV to the proper input (if enabled on your TV). This is called CEC (consumer electronics Control).
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
Owner - RVtronics

You should almost never need to make any changes to the factory default settings on any of your Genesis Technologies products.

If you have made changes I would recommend resetting factory defaults by pressing and holding the MODE button (with the radio on) until it shuts off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
2. Have you gone thru the Genesis set up menu? In the manual (pg 27 on mine) you might have to turn on the center and rear speakers.
(781) 281-9440
Old 02-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #7
Georgia

Genesis GT 3.0

Thanks Bob...I took the unit to the dealer and they found a wire not connected but when they got it right and put in a DVD the motor was making a noise so they are calling Forest River to see if they would send them a new one.
roadhound59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #8

my i have to put on vidieo input
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
rip

Wouldn't it be nice if our new trailers came with a Genesis 3.0 installer sign-off sheet? This way, the various installers at the factory and at the dealer could sign-off and list what cables they connected to what.

There are wonderful wiring diagrams in my GT-3.0 operations manual, all I need to do is a day of trial-and-error to figure out what is plugged up where or perhaps left unplugged.

If there are insructions for the dealer to use to hook up our systems, why not share those with the rest of us? These seem to be wonderful systems.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #10

mind came with the a book.It took me some time to read it and understand it but i got it
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
Owner - RVtronics

All systems are tested for functionality twice before they leave the factory.

Sometimes dealers remove the TVs to combat theft issues and sometimes the TVs are not hooked up correctly, but this is rarely and easily resolvable.

GT manual has the wiring diagram printed in it and every radio have the wiring diagram on the back of the radio.
(781) 281-9440