Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #1

Genesis gt 3.0. Wont take a disc

I have a 2012 31ft ckts 5th wheel whichI picked up last May and we love the RV. When the dealer was doing the PDI he played a cd and it worked fine. When we got to our campground and after we got set up we decided to play some music but it won`t accept a disc . I`ve tried the default and it still won`t . The radio works fine. Also the TV sound is very low and my wife and I can hardly hear it ,the sound only comes from the TV and not the ceiling speakers. This system is hard to understand any help or advice would be appreciated
norca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:11 PM   #2

Did the dealer eject the CD they played? If not that would explain it not accepting your CD now.
Welcome and enjoy your new to you RV.
Paul

on 2012 4500 Chevrolet Chassis
Paul
B D HOWie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:06 AM   #3

I checked to see if a disc was in there by pressing the eject button and the nothing came out, also tried to install a new disc with no luck. From what I`m reading these systems have lots of problems ,does anyone know of a good reliable replacement system
norca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:01 AM   #4

As far as the sound from the TV, make sure you have the correct MODE on your Genesis is set correctly. Mine IS "AU 2". Can't help with the CD problem but I'm sure it is something simple. We have the Genesis three also and love it never had a problem. The only fault I find is that it does not play Blu-ray discs maybe that is your problem check to be sure you are not trying to play a Blu-Ray disc

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #5

Try removing power from the unit for a minute by removing the rear plug or fuse. Maybe that will reset...something.