Old 01-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #1

Angry Genesis Radio

Does anyone know how to listen to a CD without the television coming on? Every time i load a cd the tv comes on and shows the names of the songs etc. We are sitting outside and the tv is on!!!!

Old 01-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

My Genesis and TV are separate in that the TV must be turned on with its own power button. Can you turn the TV off with its power button?

2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #3

Smile genesis radio

I found out that you must disable the HDMI cable in your television set up in order to play a cd without having the television come on.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by acacia580 View Post
Does anyone know how to listen to a CD without the television coming on? Every time i load a cd the tv comes on and shows the names of the songs etc. We are sitting outside and the tv is on!!!!
What brand TV is it? On a Panasoinic tv you need to disable Viera Link. A lot of the other flat panel manufactures usually have something similar.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #5

just purchased a 2014 30wikss with Toshiba TV and genesis radio. Can you listen to TV thru the stereo ? I can not get it to work ???
Old 03-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

I think regular TV needs to have an extra wire going from the TV's Audio Out to the Genesis Audio In. I don't think they come from the factory with that.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #7
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Bigarm, yes. I'm writing from memory as my manual is on Rocky. The speakers toggle between CD, DVD, TV, and radio by changing the "mode."
CDs will play automatically, but you have to change modes for the radio (AM-FM-WX).
Now to get TV sound through the speakers, IIRC, there is an "input" buttom on the Genesis remote to change the input from AUX 1, AUX2 etc. and AUDIO1, AUDIO2, etc.
Turn your TV on and using the TVs remote set the volume at 50%. Then cut the Genesis on and start using the Genesis remote to change inputs. Pause at least 5 sec. between tries as it takes a second or two before the sound will come up.
I assume you got a manual? If not, your dealer has it. Mine was in a bag along with the remote and several unrelated pieces parts. The TV's manual was in a separate folder.
Let me know how it goes,
Teach
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I think regular TV needs to have an extra wire going from the TV's Audio Out to the Genesis Audio In. I don't think they come from the factory with that.

Mine didn't come with one. The TV supports audio out, the Genesis supports audio in, but I'd have to supply the cable.

But I'm thinking it's ok to not have it wired together. That way I can let the kids watch the tv in the trailer while I enjoy (read: tolerate the DW's) music on the outside speakers. The only time we'd want the surround sound is if we're watching a movie, which will be playing through the Genesis anyways.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #9
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

I'd just like for the unit to come on!

I've checked all the fuses I can find - my Genesis GT 3.0 doesn't even have the "on/off" button illuminated. It worked last year before we put the TT in storage for the winter. DW wanted to slap in a DVD while she was cleaning today - no go. I've tried everything I know of - and I'm pretty fair with hooking up and operating modern electronics.

Any suggestions?

Larry

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
I've checked all the fuses I can find - my Genesis GT 3.0 doesn't even have the "on/off" button illuminated. It worked last year before we put the TT in storage for the winter. DW wanted to slap in a DVD while she was cleaning today - no go. I've tried everything I know of - and I'm pretty fair with hooking up and operating modern electronics.

Any suggestions?

Larry
There is a fuse on the back side of the Genesis unit. This is addressed on page 31 of the user manual.

Tags
radio