Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2015, 11:27 AM   #1

Genesis Technologies 3.0 Issues

All,

New owner of used 2012 5th wheel with the GT 3.0 system installed. Having some issues and have read a lot of the old posts but can not seem to find anything that directly addresses my issues. First all speakers are working as evidenced by radio play and getting sound through all 3 zones. I have successfully paired my Ipad and can play music as well. My trouble is with the TV and DVD player. I am trying to run audio from the TV through the system. When I try to run audio out from the TV to the wall plate for the genesis system I just get a clicking noise, nothing else. When I insert a DVD I get nothing. I have removed the system from the cabinet and found all of the wiring and plugs, nothing appears to be loose but it appears to have been messed with at some point.

In this setup how many cables should I have running from the TV to the wall plate? I guess my question is the installed wall plate with the 3 different connections the controls for most of this I am trying to do? I have also run a dedicated HDMI from the back of the unit to the TV in an attempt to see if I could get the DVD player to work but got nothing as well. I see the diagram on the back of the unit, which I have in the provided book as well, just trying to figure out how the wiring should be and if the installed wall plate is what I am needing to focus on first. Last item of note is there by the wall plate are two audio cables that are not hooked up to anything, which I assume are correlated to the opposite side of the wall plate and the last row of connectors, which have 2? Is that correct? If so, would these being connected properly solve my TV surround issues? Thanks in advance.

Frustrated in Georgia....