Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2015, 10:16 AM   #81
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
Any update on this new product?

X2! Current stuff is crap!
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #82

Genesis GT3.0 Eject button flashing & remote not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooti View Post
My remote stopped working and the eject button won't stop flashing. I checked that it isn't stuck. I reset the stereo to factory settings, and I also removed the batteries on the remote and tried new ones. Eject button just keeps flashing
The exact same thing happened to me on a brand new unit and tried all the same things to no avail. Still trying to get answer???? Anyone know anything on this subject???
kcdelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:44 AM   #83

Anyone know if there is a way to use folders on the SD card to be able to sort my music? I haven't had a lot of time to mess with it but it seems like I have to put all of my songs loose on the card to get the unit to read it. I would like to be able to separate stuff by genre, make playlists, etc.
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:05 PM   #84

I have all ours in albums and it works. Works fine in the truck as well.
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:26 PM   #85

No video on our GT-3.0 unit

we have a brand new unit. Tried using the Genesis this weekend to play movies, as it rained all weekend. That didnt' work out well either. Tried to play some new DVD's movies. Get sound, surround sound even but no video. Went through the Genesis and the TV manuals and still can't get it figured out. It has an HDMI cable routed from the Genesis to the HDMI3 in port on the the TV. Tried using all three HDMI in ports to no avail.
not sure what else to try. Any body else have this problem and get it figured out?
JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:59 AM   #86
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNanMinn View Post
we have a brand new unit. Tried using the Genesis this weekend to play movies, as it rained all weekend. That didnt' work out well either. Tried to play some new DVD's movies. Get sound, surround sound even but no video. Went through the Genesis and the TV manuals and still can't get it figured out. It has an HDMI cable routed from the Genesis to the HDMI3 in port on the the TV. Tried using all three HDMI in ports to no avail.
not sure what else to try. Any body else have this problem and get it figured out?

I'd recommend pulling the Genesis out of the wall and making sure all the connections are tight back there first. They're sometimes not plugged in tight at the factory and work themselves loose during the trip to your dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-26-2015, 06:22 AM   #87
Site Team - Lou

If you are not getting ANY video from the HDMI, DO make sure it has not come unplugged from the back of the unit.

Have you gone into the video set up menu?

Make sure you only set the video resolution to the highest your TV can support.
I made a mistake and set for 1080P and had a hell of a time getting a viewable picture back (had to reset and connect a AV cable to see the menu to fix it - there is no "undo"). Then I discovered "Factory Reset" see photo

The default resolution is 480i - My TV only goes up to 1080i !!

Also set the TV type to widescreen if you have one 16:9

Video should be P-scan or Interlace YUV (Don't remember which one I use)

If you lose video or it goes squirrely:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	78090  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:37 AM   #88

thats kind of what I thought was the next step. To pull it off the wall and check the connections on the back of it. Hopefully I can get that done later today and see what I find. Since I can't view anything at all I can't see the video setup menu when I try to do that. Also tried the factory default restart with no success. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:37 PM   #89

When we picked our TT the speakers were not plugged into the correct ports on the TV. Flagstaff employees have hardly any quality control so I would check all the wiring.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:54 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post
When we picked our TT the speakers were not plugged into the correct ports on the TV. Flagstaff employees have hardly any quality control so I would check all the wiring.
I also found wires crossed and the radio antenna wasn't plugged in or it fell out... Flagstaff and Rockwoods come down the same line just on different day's. You would think that someone could do this blind folded being they have a quota of 35 per day. Maybe that's the problem, To big of a quota they are demanding of these people....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:26 PM   #91

well, guess what folks. Quite a few of you were right. I pulled my Genesis unit off the wall and found that the HDMI cable was NOT plugged in to the output connection on the back of the unit. The cable was balled up in the back of the cabinet like it had never been connected. Chalk up another one for quality control. Anyway, I plugged it in and can now play movies on the tv, surround sound and all. Now I can move on to my list of "other things" that need fixing or correcting on our brand new unit.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:42 PM   #92

Yup. Good quality control. It makes you wonder just exactly the employee was doing when your TT went by the line. For sure the QC person pencil whipped the inspection and poof, Hey...this one's done.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #93

Anyone going to Goshen gonna ask Flagstaff why the external AM-FM antenna is so poor?
MartyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:38 AM   #94
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyQ View Post
Anyone going to Goshen gonna ask Flagstaff why the external AM-FM antenna is so poor?

Never really noticed a problem with my AM/FM reception. The TT actually picks up a little better than the one in my truck. (Probably due to the antenna being higher off the ground.)

In theory, if you wanted to boost it, you could get a Motorola to F connector, and then hook up the radio to the trailer's TV antenna. This should theoretically use the winegard's boost to also boost received FM signals.

Caveat: This is all in theory, I haven't actually tried this myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-28-2015, 11:19 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyQ View Post
There is an old thread on here on how to hook it to your TV antenna....People who have done it swear by it..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:37 PM   #96

MartyQ, after what I found with ours I would check to make sure the ant cable is even plugged in to your receiver. I couldn't believe the ball of wiring mess I found behind ours. Its amazing anything worked at all. Good luck
Old 06-06-2015, 04:09 PM   #97

Yeah I found no sound due to the cables not being plugged in when I picked up the unit last year. QC is not a Forest River concern, Seems they leave it to the end customer to finalize the QC.
My biggest gripe is that I cannot get MP4's to play. Even on the 8gb card.
2020 is a BUST!
ejknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:22 PM   #98

ya. I am finding so many things that have to be fixed with our brand new unit. Its very upsetting and discouraging. The lack of QC or just plain lousy work is unreal.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #99

The plan is not QC at the plant it expected at the dealer. But the dealer wants your hard earned money and could care less about QC. Flagstaff is not the only one out there who just wants profit margins. There are many many more. The American business is all about money in their pockets and out of yours. Interesting enough we still buy their product regardless and they know it. However everything we buy these days needs to be tweaked. Buy a new house and you get a punch list and so on. Campers are for the handy folks who can fix just about anything.