Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2014, 07:49 AM   #21

I'm not sure what you mean, about an alarm.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
edwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:09 AM   #22
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwrench View Post
I'm not sure what you mean, about an alarm.
Previous Concertone units had an alarm feature built into the clock function. My apologies, I see it is not mentioned in the new Gen 3 manual, but may still be there.

Does the radio play a particular station when it starts up (like XM radio or weather radio?)

In any case, hold the "MODE" button in for 10 seconds to reboot the radio and return it to the factory default settings.

That should clear anything that got into the memory that is causing the seemingly random start ups.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:20 AM   #23

I will try that, the next time I get in the camper. We just bought the fw last Oct. and the first time the radio came on was a few days after winter storage. When it does come on, it is on the last station we had it on. I thought before that it might be some frequency that my 2014 silverado was giving off, but I could not prove it.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #24
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
I will try that, the next time I get in the camper. We just bought the fw last Oct. and the first time the radio came on was a few days after winter storage. When it does come on, it is on the last station we had it on. I thought before that it might be some frequency that my 2014 silverado was giving off, but I could not prove it.

If not the "auto-on" feature of an internal alarm clock, I am stumped as well. If it was the weather warning channel, it could have been an alert but the radio needs to be on for that to happen.

I thought the XM radio might also be "waking up" the Gen 3, but if it is a radio station, then I am at a loss.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #25

Thank you for picking your brain. Someday, if I find out what is causing this crazy thing too happen, I will let you know.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

I had thought maybe it was automatically coming on as power got restored (I had an old alarm clock that did that) but since it's coming on the same station, I don't think that's possible. If there was a power loss (so it could be restored) that should also clear any memory of the last station.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:24 AM   #27
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I had thought maybe it was automatically coming on as power got restored (I had an old alarm clock that did that) but since it's coming on the same station, I don't think that's possible. If there was a power loss (so it could be restored) that should also clear any memory of the last station.
Mine always powers up to the last station and mode selected when it was powered off (typically the XM radio). It does not turn on by itself though; that is a new one.

Could the power button be stuck "ON"?
Old 08-18-2014, 06:14 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Mine always powers up to the last station and mode selected when it was powered off (typically the XM radio). It does not turn on by itself though; that is a new one.

Could the power button be stuck "ON"?

My GT-2.0 loses it's memory when the power is lost (I.e. I hit the battery disconnect). Once power is restored, (I.e. Battery hooked back up) the radio starts down at the beginning of the band, 87.9.

A stuck power button should actually be cycling his radio on/off, not just on if it's physically stuck. The most likely culprit is the remote, specifically something bumping the remote. Try removing the remote from the rig and then seeing if it's still reoccurring.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:48 AM   #29

The fw is parked on the side of the house, so there isn't any movement of unit.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #30
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
My GT-2.0 loses it's memory when the power is lost (I.e. I hit the battery disconnect). Once power is restored, (I.e. Battery hooked back up) the radio starts down at the beginning of the band, 87.9.

A stuck power button should actually be cycling his radio on/off, not just on if it's physically stuck. The most likely culprit is the remote, specifically something bumping the remote. Try removing the remote from the rig and then seeing if it's still reoccurring.

Ah. My battery is never disconnected so even "off" there is clock power.
Thanks about the on/off feedback. Would a low battery in the remote make it unreliable?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Ah. My battery is never disconnected so even "off" there is clock power.
Thanks about the on/off feedback. Would a low battery in the remote make it unreliable?
I suppose it could. Stranger things have happened.

When I mentioned the remote, I was thinking about a remote we have for the under cabinet lights in our kitchen. It sits in the same drawer as the phone book, take-out flyers, pens, etc... Every once in a while the phone book or something ends up sitting on it, then as people walk through the kitchen, the slight vibrations are just enough for the phone book to trip the remote.

Of course, that's an RF remote, not an IR remote like the radio would have, but if the radio's remote is stored where it might be bumping the button and it can manage to get a signal to the radio, it could happen. The first thing that comes to mind is if it was in some kind of holster, but sitting in a drawer that had cracks is also feasible.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #32

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Quote:
A stuck power button should actually be cycling his radio on/off, not just on if it's physically stuck.
Not always the case.

Quote:
Try removing the remote from the rig and then seeing if it's still reoccurring.
A good suggestion to help with the process of elimination. Removing the batteries would work as well.

Liquid spills will often produce symptoms like this. Excessive cleaners or stuff like "Pledge" in the area could penetrate the radio too.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:48 PM   #33

We have a dim screen, remote works but we cannot get any sound.
we can see from the screen the volume movement. . .argh
husband closed kitchen drawer and the sounds went on for 2-3 seconds then off again.

all speakers are on, have turned off then on, unplugged camper, checked fuses with meter.
. .HELP
mjjmrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #34
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjmrogers View Post
We have a dim screen, remote works but we cannot get any sound.
we can see from the screen the volume movement. . .argh
husband closed kitchen drawer and the sounds went on for 2-3 seconds then off again.

all speakers are on, have turned off then on, unplugged camper, checked fuses with meter.
. .HELP
I think you have a loose speaker plug (has all the speaker wires). Be very careful and using a flat bladed screw driver and ONLY the bottom slots in the face trim cover; remove it by lifting out and up. Use care as the top pins are easy to break.

Remove the 4 screws holding it to the wall and slide the unit out so you can see the back.

The loose speaker socket should be obvious.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Genesis 3.0 Speaker Wires.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	61525   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130602_003.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	61526  
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2014, 09:40 PM   #35

Genesis Technologies

My remote does not work. Never used - batteries good. Am I to program it or something - or do I just get a replacement?
terrijl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #36

Screen Issues

Hi, We just purchased a 2014 Puma Unleashed and the screen on the Genesis is cloudy and unreadable. This is a used RV and I only have a blue quick start sheet, no warranty papers. I need to know who to contact for a replacement screen. Thanks!
Floridagirl
FloridaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:31 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrijl61 View Post
My remote does not work. Never used - batteries good. Am I to program it or something - or do I just get a replacement?
Get it replaced, you can program it to your tv but if it will not work on the unit alone, I would think it's bad. You can try like the Old Coot did he pointed at the ceiling to make it work. That's no joke he showed me....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGirl View Post
Hi, We just purchased a 2014 Puma Unleashed and the screen on the Genesis is cloudy and unreadable. This is a used RV and I only have a blue quick start sheet, no warranty papers. I need to know who to contact for a replacement screen. Thanks!
Floridagirl
The Genesis radios are made by Concertone (Concertone® Home Page). However, you can often replace them with just about any car stereo, depending on which features you want. The only thing the RV models provide that you can't get in a car stereo is the built in 3 zones (A, B, C). 2 zones on a fair number of them, but not 3. A simple A/V switch can often address that.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #39

Quote:
The Genesis radios are made by Concertone (Concertone® Home Page). However, you can often replace them with just about any car stereo, depending on which features you want. The only thing the RV models provide that you can't get in a car stereo is the built in 3 zones (A, B, C). 2 zones on a fair number of them, but not 3. A simple A/V switch can often address that.
You forgot Surround Sound and usb ports. Concertone is the only people that I know have that included, great for movies...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
You forgot Surround Sound and usb ports. Concertone is the only people that I know have that included, great for movies...

You can get those in a car stereo too. Not really unique to RV radios.