Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2017, 06:28 PM   #21

Shortly after we got our Windjammer, I came out one morning at 5:00 AM to go to work. I noticed movement through the tinted window of our trailer. Really had me spooked. Both doors were locked. I went back in and got the keys and opened the door to find the TV was on! I know it was not left on, and obviously it was plugged into shore power. I figured that maybe the power blinked off an on or something during the night. Has not happened again since.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:01 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty and Beast View Post
Maybe you left in on Bluetooth and it happened to pick up your phone which was on Pandora or some other music function.
I think I remember reading a post somewhere (possibly a different forum) about someone's vehicle linking to their trailer and causing the radio to come on.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #23
our wolf13

Send a message via MSN to ourwolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to ourwolf13
Smile radio comes on by it self

My radio did the same thing. I unlocked the door and went in expecting to encounter someone. found nobody in the camper and it went off by it self. I called the manufacturer of the radio and they walked me through the process of turning off the auto on/off alarm. No problem since and I did not have to call the priest.
ourwolf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:56 PM   #24

My ghost story, but not RV related. We put an addition on the year earlier. I was washing dishes looking thought an opening that used to be a window in to the addition. It was a sunny February day. A fresh layer of snow was across the backyard. Through the family room windows, I see a man holding a toolbox wearing carharts walking through my backyard. Now in my neighborhood all the telephone poles run along the backyard parameters. I assumed it was the electric, cable, or phone company doing work. I run out to tell them to make sure the gate is completely closed when they're done because I have two dogs and want to make sure they don't get out. When I look in the backyard, no one is there. Nor are there footprints in the snow. Happened over 8 years ago, and still gives me the chills.
Chunk6649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #25

While my radio didn't come on, figure this one out.
It's winter, rv sitting the driveway. I happen to be walking by when the "on demand" tank-less water heater starts to run.
There is no demand, no water and no one inside.
I am as confused as you.
Robertpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:44 AM   #26

Our goal with this adventure is to create a sort of personal campsite for the family, eliminate a mortgage payment and reduce the potential problems in our living space while we are traveling. We had 6 phone calls in 6 weeks last winter with problems with the house while we were gone. We were thinking of heated floors in the building until we found this property and have decided to put the 1,000 sq ft living quarters on the second floor. The design will allow wheelchair access to all areas and if necessary we can put a lift in for handicap access. Is there anything that you feel like you overlooked or wish you had done differently.
crrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #27
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDStark View Post
Creepy! True Story. So I was walking around outside, looking at the chickens, watching the cats, and opened up the garage doors getting ready for a busy sunny day around the house. Pulled off the top of the baby duck pen and was checking out my new ducklings when all of a sudden, I heard music. At first I thought it was our neighbors blasting their radio. But it wasn't. The radio in our travel trailer had turned on.… All by itself.! The outdoor speakers were on. That was creepy. I have to admit, at first I thought maybe someone was in there and turned on the radio not realizing that the outdoor speakers were on. But know-one else was home. So, if someone was in there I'd better get a bat ready...I had to go in, extend the main slide out just to get back to the radio and turn it off. Is this a sign? Is my trailer haunted or do I have electronics issue? How does that happen? And no, it wasn't already on. I had just walked by the travel trailer and noticed that I could hear the HEPA air purifier running through the vented windows (I keep it running 24/7 when not in use). It was a nice quiet morning....until then.

Has anyone else had issues with the radio turning on by itself? It hasn't happen before (as far as I now).
I have a similar problem: when I turn ON the house power cut-off switch, the dashboard radio comes on all by itself. But when I turn the cut-off switch off, the radio stays on. But this doesn't happen every time I do this. I have turned the radio to "loud", so I notice it and then I turn the radio off manually. Otherwise it will run down the cab battery. Also, one of the two dash cigarette lighter fuses keeps blowing. I wonder if the two problems are somehow related.
I have had both problems since day 1 (purchased new in 2013). I have thought of having this fixed, but I am afraid they will either not find the problem(s) or screw it up further because it is an intermittent problem and because the RV repair people are not electronics experts.
Any suggestions anyone?
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:55 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDStark View Post
These style homes can be built to be very efficient. The window sills show a wall thickness of over a foot deep. Walking out the back Dior and into the garage/shop is very nice too. Lots of storage.

Anything specific you'd like to know?
We have a 40 foot 5er, plus truck, plus car. We would want 2 1/2 to 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, room for the camper and both vehicles and room for a shop. I probably need a 60 X 60.
Do you only heat and cool only the living area?
Any problems with building inspectors?
How does the structure compare to other homes as far as wind loads are concerned?
Do you get enough natural light?
Anything you would do different?

Thanks!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:27 AM   #29

we had the same problem in the old farm hose we lived in. for many years we had that, toilet would flush tv on and off microwave would beep keys missing then found where you left them, then the dogs and I saw the ghost no problems after that Dogs can see them
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:09 PM   #30

Ghost in my Fifth Wheel

We had the same thing happen in our 2015 Tracer Air Ultra lite! In fact, it happened several times! I even put a security camera in it for a while thinking someone was getting in there during the night! I accused my husband of fooling with the radio which he said he hadn't touched! Finally, I decided it was haunted! Haha! Maybe my late husband wanting to enjoy it, too? My son-in-law fiddled with it and the music stopped and it hasn't happened again. Never did figure it out!
Kathymarie2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymarie2u View Post
We had the same thing happen in our 2015 Tracer Air Ultra lite! In fact, it happened several times! I even put a security camera in it for a while thinking someone was getting in there during the night! I accused my husband of fooling with the radio which he said he hadn't touched! Finally, I decided it was haunted! Haha! Maybe my late husband wanting to enjoy it, too? My son-in-law fiddled with it and the music stopped and it hasn't happened again. Never did figure it out!

The key to that was.... younger person vs electronics.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:49 AM   #32

Our Radio/DVD unit does this every time we camp. No explanation other than possibly what was previously mentioned about power fluctuations. I don't think its fancy enough to have a programmable auto on feature.

The Radio has no breaker or fuse that I can find.

I did notice that when the dealer ran the battery down while it was there waiting for service, the radio was the only thing in the RV that had life. It was dimly lit.
GAWRF: 3900 GAWRR: 4100 GCWR: 17,000
Payload Sticker: 1,867 lbs Tow Capacity: 11,767 lbs
Towing a nice 5th wheel near you
m2kamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, wheel