Old 06-09-2011, 06:54 AM   #11
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
You know I understand we have a separate forum for convenience, but when we get a jack slap like that I wish we were just in the technical section! :-(

And this is what happens - one bad title, 9 posts (so far) and only one negative comment, but the reality is everyone will remember the title to a thread started by someone with 2 posts talking about a unit we haven't shipped in I don't know, 3 years.

As for me, I will just keep trying...
And we all appreciate all the work you and Concertone are putting forward Bob (well most of the people here are for sure). And seeing results like the new ZX800 sure show Concertone is trying. My BIL has the other Brand everyone seems to talk about with such adoration and I for one will stay with Concertone, just wish I had the new unit vs the ZX700.

OH well.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:18 AM   #12
Site Team - Lou

Times Two.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
You know I understand we have a separate forum for convenience, but when we get a jack slap like that I wish we were just in the technical section! :-(

And this is what happens - one bad title, 9 posts (so far) and only one negative comment, but the reality is everyone will remember the title to a thread started by someone with 2 posts talking about a unit we haven't shipped in I don't know, 3 years.

As for me, I will just keep trying...
Bob,
Once a company gets a bad reputation, whether deserved or not it takes for ever to get rid of that bad reputation. Does not make any difference if the bad product (s) are no longer in production or not. People will just run from that product. The same for ST tires made in China. No matter how they try and spin it or how fast they actually improve QC. Once a person has a massive tire failure causing damage will be the last time a company will see that customer.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #14

So Bob, when does the number of posts have anything to do with my standing as a person?? If I had more posts would my opinions carry more weight?? Some of us do not like to constantly offer our opinions on how the world works. Haven't shipped in three years?? So Forest River is clearing out old stock? My third unit is less than than 2 years old. What about the ZX700 video problem? Kit to fix an issue? Explain to me why only Concertone has a sub forum?? I am still waiting for an answer to a question I left for you regarding settings in this unit since they are not addressed in the manual. Again, don't bad mouth people just because they don't spend their life on the web.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #15

Dodge,
I think Bob did answer your question about why there is a Concertone sub-forum...Convenience. Someone, and maybe it was Bob, recognized that there are/was/were issues with the units and, I presume, the forum was set up also as a place where information could be gathered and taken back to the corporate office in hopes of making changes to the product thereby building it better. I haven't seen the latest version of the unit, but from comments posted so far it appears to be a far better unit. Does comments on this forum have anything to do with it? I don't know, only Bob can answer that. But my guess is that it might have.

And please don't forget that by your own admission, all three of your units (Magnadyne included that isn't a Concertone product) were installed three years ago. Bob started working for Concertone in December of last year, if I am not mistaken. The fact that he is active on this forum and willing to listen to and answer our concerns, yours included, should account for something; He is concerned for the bad reputation the company has been receiving and he is working at changing it. Hopefully he isn't taking all of the negative comments personally, but it would be hard not to especially when his name has been attached directly to many of them even though he didn't work for the company when many of the issues arose.

Why aren't there sub-forms for other manufacturers of RV systems? Do a forum search for Dometic, Atwood, or Suburban. Page after page of issues regarding each of them. So yes, they could easily have their own sub-forums. The difference is that no one from any of those companies are willing to monitor this forum, much less actively comment and answer questions/complaints of their products. I don't know Bob and I don't work for Concertone, and maybe I'm wrong, but my guess is that Bob probably joined this forum because he personally wanted to know what was going on with his company's product and not at the prodding of his company to 'listen in' to the complaints.

At the end of the day we all have choices and decisions to make. We can chose to complain, or not. We can choose to continue to receive (and subsequently complain about) a product that we don't like, or we can buy a different brand.

Well I don't know if that explains how the world works or not...but I feel better
2010 Rockwood 2701SS
Killman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #16

Regarding what has digressed into a Concertone bash there are solutions. One of which could be that Concertone replace the junk units for say 50 Dollars exchange. Just one suggestion mind you. There are lots of ways for the mfg to remedy this issue. It really all boils down to how a company handles the customers who bought a defective item.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #17

Gonna give the devils its' dues here...bought a 2010 Puma 25RS from our FR dealer a couple of months ago..Told him I wanted to pay extra and get a stereo installed before we took delivery...Told him under NO circumstances would I accept a Concertone...would pay more for a different brand if needed...Long story short I wound up with a Concertone ZX75...I have been very pleased, the sound is Excellent, no issues what so ever...I do not like the display , as it looks like DOS 1.0, the cd/dvd door appears flimsy...but so far the sound is excellent !!!! The only complaint I have is the remote was missing the battery and battery cover when we took reciept of the Coach...My dealer has sent two battery covers for the remote and they were both the wrong ones...Vern
Old 06-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge3500 View Post
So Bob, when does the number of posts have anything to do with my standing as a person?? If I had more posts would my opinions carry more weight?? Some of us do not like to constantly offer our opinions on how the world works. Haven't shipped in three years?? So Forest River is clearing out old stock? My third unit is less than than 2 years old. What about the ZX700 video problem? Kit to fix an issue? Explain to me why only Concertone has a sub forum?? I am still waiting for an answer to a question I left for you regarding settings in this unit since they are not addressed in the manual. Again, don't bad mouth people just because they don't spend their life on the web.
Dodge, don't take it personal at the fact you only have a few posts, I have been a member for a couple of years with over 400 posts and I can say we as members see many people every week sign up and post a complaint only because they think this forum is operated by Forest River, most people that debut with a complaint only post 2 or 3 times then they are never again heard of. Bob is referring to those..... In the past there have been many new posters who try to start a fight, the good people on this forum usually try to calm them and when their rant continues, they rally against them.

When I am reading posts, I do pay attention to how many posts they have as well as their member since date, especially if it is a complaint. Everyone in time has a complaint about something, but those who are here for the right reason start with a positive note.... on that note I am not trying to encourage you to leave, there is a lot of good people on this forum and we hope you have the intent to share positive as well as share your complaints.

Thanks....
Old 06-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #19
Grape Escape

Any electronic devices I have bought in the last 20 yrs still work other than the 3 Concertones supplied with our trailers. ???
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #20

So you have only replaced your concertone units ? Just being a SA but would hat to see that 20 year old cell phone