Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
Always Learnin'

Glass Range Top Cover Hinge problem

Anyone have any of the (nylon?) nuts break; like mine? I couldnt find any related parts diagrams on line and just sent an email requesting help from RV dealer.

We got the Rockwood Mini last August. We do like the glass top but if the nuts keep breaking, I'll want something else.
Bullgould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:41 PM   #2

Broken stove glass top

Only our second trip out the nylon screws and nuts came apart and the glass top fell on our way to the woods and shattered everywhere! Have you found a place to buy another one? Perhaps if you know if this would be covered if we got the extended warrenty? Any help wld be greatly appreciated!
Azsundevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #3
Always Learnin'

Loose nuts: update

I did send off to the RV dealer whom we bought our camper from and requested their help in finding a replacement nut. we only had one nut spilt and we're lucky that the piece didn't fall off and break.

I had read in a past forum that someone got a Forestriver contact name and number for a warrantee issue through the dealer where they purchased their RV.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:46 AM   #4
Always Learnin'

Loose nuts

Update: I looked all around town In search of a nylon nut that fit. The smaller hardware stores always was the place to go for specialized nuts and bolts. Of the few remaining around, no nylon opinions were available. Lowes turns out, also has a speciality nut / bolt section. The clerk stated that; that whole area of the store had been redone recently and now includes more options. In the past I didn't have much luck finding such things in Hm Depot or Lowes. - one of my favorite smaller hardware store closed a few months ago, sad to see them go. - The nut found of course is white not black which is no big deal to me, it's a camper. I not canceling my request for assistance fromdealer to see what (if) they come through. The camper is still under warrantee.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:57 AM   #5
Always Learnin'

Azsundevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azsundevil View Post
Only our second trip out the nylon screws and nuts came apart and the glass top fell on our way to the woods and shattered everywhere! Have you found a place to buy another one? Perhaps if you know if this would be covered if we got the extended warrenty? Any help wld be greatly appreciated!
Hey Arazona Sun Devil,

I would love hear if you get any response or help from your dealer and / or Forest River. They may send you to the range manufacture. In my opinion, I would think that it would be covered through the warrantee. I hope it goes easily in getting their support.

Good luck,
Maine Dude ( that works, I'll try to change my log in name to 'Maine Dude' , if possible, thanks for the inspiration. I be been wanting to come up something better)
Old 07-14-2015, 02:43 PM   #6

We have a 2014 Sabre Silhouette Select 312RKDS that has Furrion appliances. On our first trip of the year we went 90 miles to the CG and when setting up noticed one of the nylon bolts on the glass stove top cover had sheared off. We couldn't even find the bottom portion of the thread with the nut. When we got back I did an online search for Furrion to try and find a diagram so I could get the part numbers. I found out a local RV dealer was a Furrion authorized service center. Although they don't sell Sabre they do sell Rockwood which of course is FR. They ordered a bag of nylon bolts and nuts (4 in the bag) and it was covered under warranty so I ended up paying nothing.

The bad part is we came to find out the stove was mounted crooked and that's why the glass top was not seated properly which caused the thread/nut to shear off in the first place.
BuckyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover